Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My Phantom 2 FPV Setup

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Same0717, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Same0717

First off Thank you to many on this forum for the great information! I read many posts on here as I learned to use my phantom and equipped it with its current FPV setup. Unfortunately I have yet to fully appreciate the setup as my Flysight Black Pearl monitor came with a battery that will not charge and is bubbling so I am waiting on a replacement. Anyway below is my setup which I look forward to hearing opinions on and maybe other new FPV members will find it useful as well just like I did with many posts as a researched, purchased and installed my components.

DJI Phantom 2 ver. 2 w/ H3-3D gimbal
    GoPro Hero 3+ Black
    iOSD mini
    Flytrex Core
    ImmersionRC 600mw Tx
    FPLRV Antenna Kit
    BP 7ch Rx/monitor

I am thinking I eventually want to add the iPad Ground Station capabilities as well for the ability to fly designated waypoint courses but haven't felt like spending another couple 100 dollars yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Upgraded FPLRV Antenna not pictured with controller.

2. dptcalvin

We have a nearly identical setup. Only thing I don't have is the Flytrex core.

My first Black Pearl would also not charge. And I have the same gimbal lock and same monitor mount, but I have a Rave Aerial mount on order to replace it.

3. Same0717

Small world! Generally you are happy with the set up ? Why are you getting the Rave Aerial mount instead ?

4. Same0717

Also for a user named Reoscorpio who sent me a message about where I got my monitor mount from. Being a new member to this forum it appears I can't send messages yet so I guess this is the best way to respond to your question. Here is a link to where I purchased the monitor mount pictured above.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/FPV-Monitor-Mount-Kit.html

5. dptcalvin

Even when folded, the carbon fiber mount does not allow me to store and transport my remote controller in my GPC backpack.

6. Reoscorpio

Thanks! :)

7. dptcalvin

8. shward1

I have a question for the original poster. What is the gimbal clip in your pictures? I've been trying to find one without any luck so far.

9. QYV

QYV

nice looking setup mate. I know it's a little more expensive but I really like my RaveAerialVideo 3d-printed display mount, and I feel like it's a lot easier than the one in the OP pics... there's just so many screws and bolts and such.. the RAV one is a single piece just clip on, boom done.