My Phantom 2 and I made the Local Paper!

I am a bit baffled as to why people feel the need to call the police when they see a small object flying in the air. I mean if it had lasers shooting out of it, I would understand.[/quote]

Same as the UFO people. :lol:

I have an idea. I'm going to go back to the same credit union this Sunday morning. I will hover up high and watch the ATM machine from my FPV. When someone pulls up to use it, I will swoop down and hover right behind them, video taping the whole thing. Is there still a candid camera show on that I could submit the footage to? :lol:

I'm just kidding! Don't call the cops! :twisted:

DesertFlyer53 said:
I have an idea. I'm going to go back to the same credit union this Sunday morning. I will hover up high and watch the ATM machine from my FPV. When someone pulls up to use it, I will swoop down and hover right behind them, video taping the whole thing. Is there still a candid camera show on that I could submit the footage to? :lol:

But Mark, knowing you this is definitely something you would do :lol: :lol:

F6Rider said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

But Mark, knowing you this is definitely something you would do :lol: :lol:

You're right Jesse. LOL

Eos630 said:
That's a good article. So you're aware of the specific law against commercial use, but you do it anyway. You think the FAA is overstepping and have essentially made your own judgement call on it. This is either going to get you in trouble, or get your foot in the door first.

It's interesting to me because some folks decide something isn't legal, so they should stay away until it gets sorted, while folks like yourself... and not to sound insensitive here, but... think they know better than the law? But again, that's what ends up turning into an advantage if you're able to get away with it.

Do I assess this fairly?
No, no you didn't. There is no laws preventing commercial use in the USA. I find it interesting how some people assume they know the laws and then condemn others for something they know nothing about.

Noticed your post and thought I'd throw this in.

http://www.dronejournalism.org/news/201 ... r-decision

I think as long as everyone plays it safe by not doing anything illegal (flying over some nuclear facility for pics) or dangerous, it'll be hard for police and or FAA to do much of anything. I know first hand that TV stations are looking and have been for a while at using UAV's for gathering news. Should be interesting to see what happens in the future because of this recent ruling...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20