my phantom 1 flips over immediately

Reaction score
I do GPS cal,, compass cal and it just flips right upside down on take off
tried many times and same thing.
need help guys.. thanks Barry

Did you put the props on correctly?
yes I took them off and checked direction and color , black with black post , silver with silver post.
even check motor direction with software attached to laptop

Calibrate the IMU a couple times while having it sit on a flat surface.
Calibrate the compass outside away from any metal - after that.

Did you do advanced IMU calibration in the software? Also check that you have selected the correct model in the software. It should be an "X" not a "+".
Usually when a quad flips it is because props are on wrong, motor is wired wrong direction or motor is plugged into the wrong port on the flight controller.
Did you buy this used? Could a previous owner have had the top off? A common mistake when taking the top off is to get it rotated 90 degrees when putting it back on.
I would suggest strapping the Phantom down so that it cannot flip and testing the props, one at a time. Rev them up and confirm that the prop is pushing air downward.

brand new!! I did the advanced IMU cal before first test flight.
that cal can be done in the house right? on flat serface

Yes it can be done in the house. It is possible that one motor or ESC is bad, not responding correctly. I would suggest a test of each with it strapped down.

Did you do advanced IMU calibration in the software? Also check that you have selected the correct model in the software. It should be an "X" not a "+".
Usually when a quad flips it is because props are on wrong, motor is wired wrong direction or motor is plugged into the wrong port on the flight controller.
Did you buy this used? Could a previous owner have had the top off? A common mistake when taking the top off is to get it rotated 90 degrees when putting it back on.
I would suggest strapping the Phantom down so that it cannot flip and testing the props, one at a time. Rev them up and confirm that the prop is pushing air downward.
where do I see model X in the software.
and the motors are pushing down, just proved that

The second configuration should be selected.

Attachments

• naza.jpg
    naza.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 400
oh ya ok.. I didn't have that one selected but I do now.
should I try taking off slowly or hit it quit hard?
I was always trying realy slow

As long as I know everything is working correctly, I lift off aggressively. Sometimes when you lift off slow, one part of the landing gear can drag and tip it over. The Phantom cannot truly level itself until it is in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31