My P4P went into ATTI mode today by itself!

Reaction score
I posted this as a reply to someone else's old thread, but I'm discovering that I get many more replies if I post a new thread instead of trying to revive a long-dead thread. So here goes... hope's it's OK to do this... I switched my P4P on today on our snowy but plowed driveway. I was forced into IMU calibration. I flew using DJI Go 4. At a height fo 200-something feet and a distance not far away, the P4P went into ATTI mode without me having done anything (at least not intentionally). From what I could tell, the P4P should have had plenty of view of the sky even though it's mountainous here. After a few fairly scary seconds, the GPS signal came back by itself.

Anyone has any idea what happened? How to prevent this in the future? Thanks!!

Simply lost gps temporarily, it happens, learn to fly in atti and it'll never be an issue

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

May be so, but anecdotally speaking, I don't recall my P2 (now broken and not yet repaired) and P3 losing its GPS signal this easily. Also, in a previous post many months ago somebody seemed to link a lost GPS signal to forced IMU calibration.

I am experienced (though not that good) at flying many quads without GPS. But when there is a GPS on board and when flying under open skies, I would like to depend on the GPS.

When I fly a quad without a GPS, I just fly in an open field and let the thing crash if I have to. I fly further and expect to do more things with a quad with GPS and FPV!

Last edited:
My P4 at times also temporarily loses GPS, when flying and aiming for a point you may not even notice you lost GPS because we are not looking at GO all the time. I noticed that this was happening more often than I though by looking at my whole flight in my flight records, when looking at the path all changes in flight modes are shown. We need GPS for RTH and flying real close to structures and landing in a breeze for sure but atti for flying in open air is fine and fun. I find that recording in atti when the wind is low makes the birds direction transitions smoother. Over 200 flights and 3,000,000 feet and so far temp loss of GPS has not been a problem (so far).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31