My P4P attacked me

Reaction score
I was at a soccer field with my fiance showing her how cool the new drone was. I wanted her to see the active tracking mode so I set it up to track her and she walked around. It followed her around and I used the controller to do some awesome orbiting shots.

I gave her the controller and showed her how to make it orbit her and she walked around making it fly around her and it was awesome. She didn't hit the stop button and walked over to me to give me back the controller. She stood right next to me and the drone stopped being able to track her I suppose because her outline was obstructed by me.

The drone was maybe 30 feet away and she was holding the controller and I am 90% sure not touching the sticks. The drone then moved in to around 5 feet away and was slightly erratic. She was panicking, I was a little nervous. She gave me the controller and I was definitely not touching the sticks and this thing moved in to like 2 feet away at head level. I was officially scarred now and we were trying to move away from it but it was still tracking us but in a super aggressive manner.

I couldn't look down to hit the stop button on the screen because I was so fixated on the autonomous spinning death machine around 2 feet from my face. To protect my fiance I pushed her out of the way and started running so it would follow me which it did. I was running as fast as I could while looking at the screen trying to hit the stop button, which is hard to do because it is small and your hands are bouncing around because you are running as fast as you can.

Eventually I hit the stop button and the P4P switched out of kill mode.

I should have told her about the stop button, I assumed it was self explanatory which was a mistake. She knows how to fly it in normal mode just didn't know how to turn off active tracking.

It was a bit scary.

AFAIK, you can also just flip the P-A-F switch from F to P to exit any Flight mode.

Reactions: rumrunner
Seems like P4P had a crush on your fiance. You must have stood and fought for her.

Joking aside, I'm glad you two did not get hurt.

With this thing in the air, panicking is the worse solution to any problem.

On the right side of the controller are two buttons one for taking pictures and the other for intelligent pause which cancels all current orders. So smash both and we get the look of horror from you as well as stopping the drone.

Make sure you have enabled all of the obstacle avoidance features. Was the controller beeping at all? If I have full OA enabled and I move towards the drone it will move away from me once I get to about 3-4 feet away.

Make sure you have enabled all of the obstacle avoidance features. Was the controller beeping at all? If I have full OA enabled and I move towards the drone it will move away from me once I get to about 3-4 feet away.

Could you elaborate this a little further? I am using almost the default settings for OA but I'd like to hear others opinions in terms of what you guys activate, what you don't. Do you prefer avoiding the obstacles or do you prefer to set it to hover?

Could you elaborate this a little further? I am using almost the default settings for OA but I'd like to hear others opinions in terms of what you guys activate, what you don't. Do you prefer avoiding the obstacles or do you prefer to set it to hover?
There are a number of settings that are not enabled by default for OA. go through all of the menus, sub menus, advanced menus etc. I prefer it to avoid obstacles actively.

Wouldn't the video be automatically stored on the phone? Please please please check... Would love to see this lol

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik