My P4 thinks its a P3

Reaction score
I have a P3 and P4. Cant get an FPV connection on my P4 with my ipone 6s or my android tablet. On my Android when I plug P4 in it identifies it as P3 on home screen and there is no option to switch it like I can on iPhone. On the IPhone it connects nut says no video transmission signal in red at top of screen.

What I suspect may be issue is that I stupidly put an old SD card in P4 that had an old P3 firmware update on it. I think it may have updated some firmware on camera. Gimbal will not move at all from remote.

I have tried to do firmware updates through the app and assistant 2 but they don't work. Is it possible to do a P4 upgrade through the SD card like the P3. Any other suggestions?

It could be an issue with the way you're starting everything up. Try this:

1) Power on the remote controller.
2) Power on the Phantom.
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Start the DJI GO app.

Is it possible to do a P4 upgrade through the SD card like the P3.
No. The firmware should be installed like this.

It's because of firmware updated on the p3 but not the p4, use the app, it's not in the camera area, but before that you'll see the option to update (it's in the app I promise just need to look around for it) my bird wouldn't update and did same thing, finally remembered ppl saying they used their iPad or tablet to update using the DJI assistant app, use the connector to get it to plug into the phone, and start the app, then update it normally, you'll be fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav