My P4 sounding a little odd.. help needed please

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I love flying my P4 and it has done at least 400kms of flights in the first 5 months of it's life with me..

I noticed on my last flight it started sounding a little different than normal and it speed was reduced, my thinking is one or some of it motors are wearing out?

But I dont know how to check or tell which motor it is?

Anyone have any suggestions of where and how I should start to try to find out what the issue is?

Thanks

Frosty

The motors should be fine even after 400 kays, I've flown nearly 800 and they are still sweet. You can turn the motors by hand to see if there is any noise or resistance and check they are secure. If you haven't had any incidents with it and it still flies straight and responds to the controls, it may be a perception issue with it. Having read numerous other posts regarding the P4 motors, they should require very little maintenance, no need for lubrication, avoid dust and sandy take off areas and should last the life of the drone.
There was a reduction in sound at idle following the last FW update but mine still wakes up the town at full noise. The reduction in speed may be due to having OA turned on?

As mentioned below, above, if you mean a slower idle after engine start, this is due to the latest firmware - if you recently updated. Nothing to worry about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak