My P3P came in today (Funny story)... and brief comparison of new motors.

Reaction score
I decided to exchange my original mod 323 P3A for a 323a P3P. It was an easy decision since I was already going through the trouble of packing it up after a few weeks and sending it back to add 200 bucks to get the P3P, my initial motivation was to get a 323a for the updated shell and motors.

So I opened the box and this is what I found:

36053-3c55d3d44a02cb798fb47e96d1a8126b.jpg

You can imagine my disappointment at the sight of the old motors. I specifically asked that the vendor make sure that it was a 323a and they sorta understood what I meant. Not wanting to open the box at all so as to not make the return again more difficult I called. They asked if I had opened it or looked at the label on the side of the box. Now I am feeling stupid as I look at the label on the side of the box which says 323a. I am still skeptical because I have only heard of new boxes having old model but not the other way around. 323a was there on the inside nice and ready for preparation for flight.

A few hours later after charging the controller and getting the firmware updated from 1.32 to 1.60 I took it for a spin. Flew for about 5 minutes and the battery only dropped to 92% which seemed odd. I was not flying very hard and was only 15 feet up just carefully checking the drone out for any obvious problems.

The new style motors are crazy quiet. Almost so quiet they cannot be heard, especially at startup. In flight the difference is noticeable to me, and I am working very hard to make sure there is not some sort of placebo effect. Early analysis shows they are more efficient which makes sense with the lower kv value.

Mine said 323b on the box but I think they have the same motors and it does seem pretty quiet to me when it's at altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wooglin ... Would you mind posting a photo of the tiny cooling fan on the top of the camera assembly ? Also did yours come with a Panasonic sd card ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lexar card and here is a picture of the fan. I wonder what the difference between the 323a and 323b is.

20160106_204442_resized.jpg

I have the same fan but Panasonic card. I wonder what the 323b is also

I'll look mine over closely and will tell you anything that jumps out. It's looks like all the other ones I've seen though.

I'll look mine over closely and will tell you anything that jumps out. It's looks like all the other ones I've seen though.

Look at the screws that mount to motor to the frame see if they have a ring of routed plastic around them. I think there may be to revisions of the shell. Mine does not have the ring but I saw one that did a few days ago. I will poke around on the forum and see if I can find a picture.

Snap a photo of the w323b sticker if you don't mind

I've noticed that the battery is really tight in there. Takes some muscle power to get it out, even if it's not clipped all the way. May just be me and my spaghetti noodle arms though.

No, they are recessed a little. Hard to tell in that pic. I'm in the US. I ordered from All e RC through Amazon

The W322B has screws that are recessed slightly while the W322A has screws that are flush.

Here is a picture of the W322A screws, looks like at least part if not all of the mystery is solved.

20160106_222220_resized.jpg

Yep. I bet most of the differences are minor or cosmetic.

I wonder why the made a new FCC addition for the w323b

I also believe the w323b comes with a different gimble lock (that plastic holder). It is a simpler design that is easier to line up.

I'd like to see a photo of that !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4