My p3a repair

Reaction score
Hi

My phantom is in for repair after crashing on take-off even though it told me it was safe to fly. The phantom took off and flew sideways crashing on the ground

Today I checked the progress of my repair to be shocked by dji asking for money for the repair saying that I haven't sent them any flight data so they couldn't assess what has gone wrong so I will be at fault.

Don't they get the flight data from the aircraft in their workshop ?how is a person like myself supposed to know how to get this information and give it to them I can't remember ever being asked to get it when I sent it.

Can anyone suggest my next move.
Graham

I have never sent one in to DJI, can you share links to the instructions for sending a drone in for repair? Did you get an email? Or did you just follow online instructions?

I started an online chat with dji explaining what happened. They gave me an email address and so I continued from there.They sent me a form to explain what happened again and agreed to ship it in for repair. I enclosed the form and proof of purchase. Nothing was mentioned about flight data or anything. Cant they just extract that them selves. Who do they think we are, drone repair experts. Theyre now holding my drone to ransom now for 200+ Euros because I didnt send any flight data and I cant prove it wasnt my fault, even though their diagnosis shows the compass isnt talking with the main board.

Im disgusted
Graham

Is this to DJI directly? Or a 3rd party? DJI can extract log data from your drone, you can as well, but you have to have a downlink to do it I believe. If it is a 3rd party, you may want to contact DJI, then them, this seems like a shady practice, and one would think it would be grounds to revoke their certification. If it is DJI, eh... something doesn't add up...

It's gone to The Netherlands which is my closest DJI repair center.i don't know where to get this data from. Does it come from the drone itself if so why can't they get it. If it's stored online with my drone records, why can't they get it from there.

Graham

It is stored on an internal SD card on the drone it's self. I have not tried myself, but I would imagine you can get it from the USB port on the drone, provided the drone will boot, and the USB port is in working order. I got the DAT files off my last crashed drone because I had to replace the main board, and I removed the SD card manually... I would imagine any DJI repair partner would have the capability to extract the DAT files from a drone (again, provided it boots and USB works), but I am not an expert on this.

Would the drone boot? Maybe contact DJI customer service directly (not the repair center) to get advice, and report back here. I would be interested to see what they have to say about the matter..

Given yet another email address. Let's see what happens. I'll report back in a few days.
Graham

Graham,

Here is a YouTube video on how to extract the flight records if you were using an iOS device at the time of the crash. If you were using an Android device plug your tablet via USB cable to your PC and access it like a USB drive. The files are in the folder "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JoBe and Digdat0
I can see the flight records but which one do I send I'm sure I started my drone up afterwards it made some more flight records and because you can't read them I haven't got a clue what you want to send or how to analyse them myself to find out which was the last flight

sync your flight data from DJI Go to the cloud, then call them and tell them the flight records are updated. I've done a repair before, they wanted to charge for a new mainboard, I called and complained that was excessive and they fixed it rather than new, dropped the cost $300.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
I can see the flight records but which one do I send I'm sure I started my drone up afterwards it made some more flight records and because you can't read them I haven't got a clue what you want to send or how to analyse them myself to find out which was the last flight
Almost on a daily basis here on the forum, someone uploads their flight logs and the community analyzes them.
Simply watch back the flights in the app to find the date/time of the crash, and upload the corresponding file per the instructions provided here in this thread or provided hundreds of times in other threads.
If you make an effort to help yourself, I'm sure that others will be very glad to help you as well. Cheers and good luck sir!

Reactions: JoBe and Digdat0
are you using an iOS device or Android?.

If you are using iOS device launch the DJI Go App. In the home screen, where it says connect your DJI Device and shows the picture of a Phantom, click on the symbol of an small aircraft located in the upper left corner of the screen. After the click the App is going to show you the available flights stored in the device.

I've found the logs for the crash. Several red messages showing yaw error. Ties in with their diagnosis of main board can't read compass values. I hope when they have this information they'll see it was out of my control.

Lets see what happens.
Graham

Last edited:
I've found the logs for the crash. Several red messages showing yaw error. Ties in with there diagnosis of main board can't read compass values. I hope when they have this information they'll see it was of my control.

Lets see what happens.
Graham
keep us posted Graham! wish ya the best to get this resolved!

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome of your interaction with DJI.

I have a paid account with healthy drones. The problem is for it to capture any data you have to fly using Litchi. The time of the crash incident I was using djigo so it's not recorded in healthy drones.

Thanks for the advice though.
Graham

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers