My P3 Standard got totaled!

Reaction score
I dont know why but my phantom 3 standard just spontaniously fell out of the sky from 50 feet and smashed up my drone. I know I didn't do CSC and before it fell all the satalites disconnected from my drone. If anyone can relate, or know what happend please tell me. Thanks!

What was the battery percentage and temperature? Not sure if losing satellites would cause the drone to fall out of the sky, it would just put it into atti mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes. Losing satellites would put in P-Atti mode. The drone would still be using the barometer to maintain altitude. Too little info to determine what happened.

Battery fail, propeller disconnect, board failure. As stated, too many variables. Upload log.

My guess is a battery disconnect...

Have you tried Healthy Drone.com

Sign up for free. Assuming that you still have the data on your phone or device, upload that and it can give you a very detailed analysis of any error messages and signal losses second by second - a bit like an black box

If there is nothing sinister or obvious (i.e. It just goes dead) then I would suggest battery failure or disconnect.

Was the camera recording? Did it record until impact, in which case not a battery issue.

We're the blades damaged heavily and equally in the crash? One being less damaged might suggest a blade failure. We're any loose? Did you see it come down? We're the blades spinning and engines whining?

Either way, sorry to hear the drone is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

i think it was a prop disconnect, when I found it's remains a prop was off but thats all i can get i think i lost sattalites because it smashed into the ground and the battery fell out as it hit. Thanks for the help!

It's easy to engage the battery and not have a "hard lock". My son inherited my P3S and was flying it just today. He got some kind of battery data error, landed, and realized the battery was not snapped in solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers