My new Phantom 4 Out of the box. FANTASTIC

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Well my phantom 4 arrived today and after reading the online manuals, reading posts here and on the DJI forums I am delighted. Everything worked, I had the connection issue, but deleted and reinstalled as mentioned here and other places and wow again. DJI Go informed me I had the latest software so double wow. Got the aircraft name I wanted, made a table top video and took some photos. Now back to work. Come back to night and do all the pre-flight checks, imu calibration review the little video and photos from the M_SD card and so forth. Thanks to all the comments and replies that have got me to this point. By the way my ordering experience and even some communication with DJI has been great.

Hi,

Glad you are happy and all is well.

I would just like to ask what you meant by "Got the aircraft name I wanted"?

None and horizon looked level. I say it on my table so i could get a fix on a level surface at both sides. Of course very close not a real horizon.

I just finished calibrating my IMU and setting things up, the new Phantom had the latest firmware which was a great surprise. The gimbal squeal seems to be not as present as when I first tried the Phantom. Just waiting for the wife to get home to try it out.

Reactions: RadioMike
When registering the p4 on power up it asked me to name my aircraft and log in.
You can name your bird anything you want. It is not like if the name is taken you can't use it. By the way, you can't change it later. Congrats on the purchase!

Reactions: RadioMike
I had the connection issue, but deleted and reinstalled as mentioned here and other places

Can someone please be kind enough to point me to a thread on this? Thanks!

Joel

You can name your bird anything you want. It is not like if the name is taken you can't use it. By the way, you can't change it later. Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks, that's what I read and was carefully walking through the steps hoping a misstep didn't result in an automatic naming convention.

I just received mine a couple days ago as well from Drone World. Latest firmware on drone and controller. No issues in setup or the gimbal as I've read about. Waiting for camera guard and silicone RC cover to arrive tomorrow. Got my ND filters, parabolic antennas, Extreme Pro card, DJI harness, motor covers and backpack. I'm ready to explore!

Just a follow-up guys. I have flown my Phantom 4 on a weekly basis and was using my Samsung Note 3. Well today my iPad Pro 9.7 inch tablet arrived and man does it make a difference in the visual display and the feel is great. I decided to go a little bigger and try to get away from some of the sun issues I had with the smaller Note 3. Unpacked the little beast and it immediately told me an update was available. Did the update and added all of my flight apps and connected. No issues connecting and then packed up for the flight line. I belong to a local Radio Control Club. Got to the field and setup, unfortunately the sky was overcast so didn't get a real test of Florida sun. Got in one battery and the rains came and came and came. So packed up. But really pleased with my experience from ordering getting a great P4 and looking for some more fun in the sun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl