My new P4 cost me over $31,000 !!!

Reaction score
I have a P3 Standard, and appreciate it for what is, really good flyer, with nice video output.
My only disappointment was the lack of range, I know some claim very good distances with their Standards, but if you read into the forums, they are a small minority.
Some P3S owners have spend $120 to $300 on a range mods with mixed results, so I decided to upgrade, to the lightbridge version.

When the Advanced went on sale for $799, I was really excited, and since the flying season in Pennsylvania is now just starting again, I waited.
I was just about to pull the trigger on the Advanced, and then the P3P went on sale for $999, I thought now I'm ready to order one, but held off for about a week to see if I could get a better deal.
A reputable vendor on Flea Bay, an authorized DJI dealer, had the P3P for $929, Buy It Now, with free shipping, but it was sold the next day, before I could bid.

I was now ready to order the P3P from Amazon , then DJI announced the March 1st P4 reveal, so I figured that I might as well wait, and see what it was all about.

When the P4 video's flooded the airwaves, I got weak-kneed like a 14 year old boy, on his first date with a girl who is a sure thing.

I thought ,hey, I just bought a new car for my wife, I didn't buy a 2015 left over to save a little, I bought the 2016 model, with the newly re-designed body style, and latest options, and features, and she was thrilled with that decision.

So I guess by now, you know where this is going, HA HA.

My wife said, go ahead, get the P4 , if you buy the older Phantom, I know you will regret it down the road.

So I pre-ordered the P4, for $1399, but it cost me an additional it cost me $28,988, for her car.

Boy, that was easy !!!!

I can't see how buying the P4 can be related to you buying your wife the new car :confused:

The way I see it, even if you didn't buy her the new car, you are still going to buy the P4 anyway. Unless she is the boss in the family, then this new P4 will not cost you $31,000, but instead it will cost you your life. ***Breaking news: 55yo husband, murdered by wife for buying his own P4 and not buying her the new car.*** :p

I can't see how buying the P4 can be related to you buying your wife the new car :confused:

The way I see it, even if you didn't buy her the new car, you are still going to buy the P4 anyway. Unless she is the boss in the family, then this new P4 will not cost you $31,000, but instead it will cost you your life. ***Breaking news: 55yo husband, murdered by wife for buying his own P4 and not buying her the new car.*** :p

Nice come back. HA HA
1) I wish I was only 55 yo ( enough said)
2) Although I was going to buy a new Phantom, I did feel a little guilty, as I had just spent $699 for the Standard a few months ago.
3) My guilt was completely erased after we bought the new car.
4) I thought this thread could get light hearted replies.

I have a P3 Standard, and appreciate it for what is, really good flyer, with nice video output.
My only disappointment was the lack of range, I know some claim very good distances with their Standards, but if you read into the forums, they are a small minority.
Some P3S owners have spend $120 to $300 on a range mods with mixed results, so I decided to upgrade, to the lightbridge version.

When the Advanced went on sale for $799, I was really excited, and since the flying season in Pennsylvania is now just starting again, I waited.
I was just about to pull the trigger on the Advanced, and then the P3P went on sale for $999, I thought now I'm ready to order one, but held off for about a week to see if I could get a better deal.
A reputable vendor on Flea Bay, an authorized DJI dealer, had the P3P for $929, Buy It Now, with free shipping, but it was sold the next day, before I could bid.

I was now ready to order the P3P from Amazon , then DJI announced the March 1st P4 reveal, so I figured that I might as well wait, and see what it was all about.

When the P4 video's flooded the airwaves, I got weak-kneed like a 14 year old boy, on his first date with a girl who is a sure thing.

I thought ,hey, I just bought a new car for my wife, I didn't buy a 2015 left over to save a little, I bought the 2016 model, with the newly re-designed body style, and latest options, and features, and she was thrilled with that decision.

My wife said, go ahead, get the P4 , if you buy the older Phantom, I know you will regret it down the road.

So I pre-ordered the P4, for $1399, but it cost me an additional it cost me $28,988, for her car.

Boy, that was easy !!!!

Does she come with a collision promise??? Longer legs? Not look pregnant? Totally naked now (no stickers).

Seriously,
THAT. WAS. AWESOME!

Lawld for real on that one.

Always an agenda. HAHAHA

Nice come back. HA HA
1) I wish I was only 55 yo ( enough said)
2) Although I was going to buy a new Phantom, I did feel a little guilty, as I had just spent $699 for the Standard a few months ago.
3) My guilt was completely erased after we bought the new car.
4) I thought this thread could get light hearted replies.
Come on man. You are a man, you don't need to lie about your age in your profile page :p

The wifes love to leverage our drone purchases against Louis vouiton purses or other overprice merchandise women like these days. :weary:

Good gosh, being single has its benefits... Hahaha
Never spending too much, for our toys or other habits.
No one to take tally, or keep a count.

RedHotPoker

Boy, that was easy !!!!

Same thing happened to me. Bought myself the new Barrett M107A1 .50 BMG and cost me new Infiniti Q50 Signature edition!

Attachments

• DSC00784.JPG
    DSC00784.JPG
    924.4 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC00840.JPG
    DSC00840.JPG
    933 KB · Views: 430

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member