My New P3P

Reaction score
Most Excellent! Received my P3P from HeliDirect today. Saved almost $250 through my Black Friday purchase at Amazon. They were, of course, mirroring DJI's BF-sale. I got the basic package with an extra battery for $1159. I was a tool and die maker .. this creature is well made .. solid. At the moment I'm charging a flight battery and going through the DJI tutorials .. again! :) Ah .. battery done. Looks like it took 25-minutes from "zero".

In reading the enclosed documentation, I found the "battery care/longevity" suggestions interesting and uniquel. Everything in the box was well sealed. Sadly, my document folder did not include a User's Manual. I downloaded one.

Sadly, my document folder did not include a User's Manual. I downloaded one.
DJI never includes a manual with Phantoms. It's probably a good thing though since it's updated often.

Reactions: richardtomcat
Most Excellent! Received my P3P from HeliDirect today. Saved almost $250 through my Black Friday purchase at Amazon. They were, of course, mirroring DJI's BF-sale. I got the basic package with an extra battery for $1159. I was a tool and die maker .. this creature is well made .. solid. At the moment I'm charging a flight battery and going through the DJI tutorials .. again! :) Ah .. battery done. Looks like it took 25-minutes from "zero".

In reading the enclosed documentation, I found the "battery care/longevity" suggestions interesting and uniquel. Everything in the box was well sealed. Sadly, my document folder did not include a User's Manual. I downloaded one.
Just curious, old or new motors? Not that that has anything to do with your chances of getting stress cracks or not, just curious.

Reactions: richardtomcat
DJI never includes a manual with Phantoms. It's probably a good thing though since it's updated often.
Interesting .. the "Safety Guidelines and Disclaimer" pamphlet states on page 5, "Before You Begin", In the Box, shows a P3P/A User Manual. However, when I looked at a insert piece included in the documents folder it shows the In the Box with no User Manual listed. And I do understand 'not' including a UM with regard to staying on top of firmware updates. Thanks

Congrats on the new bird. Have you scouted a maiden flight location yet?
I live in Estes Park, Colorado. My front porch sits at over 7500'. Today is hurricane winds:eek: Winter is usually pretty breezy up here. Sadly, because of the behaviors of a few, I can't take my bird into Rocky Mountain National Park. However, my town is surrounded with opportunities. I'll be checking on any local ordinances this week and what the rules are in local State and County parks.
I have a great friend that has a 70+acre piece of property on the edge of town with meadows, pond, trees, mountain, etc. She has an awesome line of sight into the Estes valley. I'll be returning to Oregon this coming Spring and looking forward to another coastal visit .. this time with my machine. Also considering purchasing a Osmo. My first flight? My front yard.;)

I live in Estes Park, Colorado. My front porch sits at over 7500'. Today is hurricane winds:eek: Winter is usually pretty breezy up here. Sadly, because of the behaviors of a few, I can't take my bird into Rocky Mountain National Park. However, my town is surrounded with opportunities. I'll be checking on any local ordinances this week and what the rules are in local State and County parks.
I have a great friend that has a 70+acre piece of property on the edge of town with meadows, pond, trees, mountain, etc. She has an awesome line of sight into the Estes valley. I'll be returning to Oregon this coming Spring and looking forward to another coastal visit .. this time with my machine. Also considering purchasing a Osmo. My first flight? My front yard.;)

Nice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.