My new P3A....

Appreciate all the knowledge....Im worn smooth out and gonna mess with it tomorrow again. Wished I knew someone here in NE Oklahoma that has been flying DJI's for a while that I could go see about it....Might find a dealer in Tulsa maybe.

Appreciate all the knowledge....Im worn smooth out and gonna mess with it tomorrow again. Wished I knew someone here in NE Oklahoma that has been flying DJI's for a while that I could go see about it....Might find a dealer in Tulsa maybe.

Go app says my drone FW 1.6.40. Remote control is 1.6.0 and the app 2.8.3. When I install sd card in drone with 1.9 FW and start the install the light on the gimbal flashes red consistently. Never starts flashing red green like tutorial says. I'm about to take this **** thing back to Amazon.....been trying for 4 days to update...

Go app says my drone FW 1.6.40. Remote control is 1.6.0 and the app 2.8.3. When I install sd card in drone with 1.9 FW and start the install the light on the gimbal flashes red consistently. Never starts flashing red green like tutorial says. I'm about to take this **** thing back to Amazon.....been trying for 4 days to update...
if you get new one just ignore update

If I post my cell # can one of you experts call me please???? Or pm someone my number?

Have you tried leaving it in there for 30 mins and then come back and see what type of beeps you are getting and what the gimbal led is flashing? Give it a go and just walk away for 30mins!!!

I've reformatted both sd cards and a friend is bringing over a laptop to put the FW back on the cards. I'll try the 30 min thing when I get the .bin file back on the cards. I'm still getting the red flashing light instead of red/green like all the tutorials are saying and the RC says I have 1.5 FW installed on the drone. Thnx

What are you using to download the zip file..... Windows or iOS?
Also on my iPad in the Go app, I have a picture of the phantom with the word "Phantom 4" above it. When I touch the drop down next to it I have the options of P3A, P3P, P4 etc.....

OS on my 27" iMac. And I've changed the drop down menu from P4 to P3 Advanced

What are the steps that you are taking to put the bin file on the sd card..... The reason I ask is because I am new to iOS and it took me a few tries to figure it out.....but did get it to work

Downloaded the zip file extracted to get to the .bin file. Clicked and dragged the .bin to my sd cards. It shows the file is 1.9.xxxx only way I know to do it. Besides copy and paste.

Ok just moved the .bin file to my sd card on a Windows machine and started the FW update and the light is changing red/green flashing now. Maybe it's gonna work this time.

upload_2016-7-2_16-38-7.png

Sorry I couldn't respond .....on vacation and having wifi problems. I see you might have it working.
For future references, I found that when downloading the bin file on safari, it unzips it for you...just put the downloaded file on the sd card. If you try to extract or unzip it, it creates a file not recognized by the phantom

So, did it work? :)

Downloaded the zip file extracted to get to the .bin file. Clicked and dragged the .bin to my sd cards. It shows the file is 1.9.xxxx only way I know to do it. Besides copy and paste.

I have seen a couple of cases now where it appears that dragging from the zip file as shown in the file manager and dropping onto the SD card does not work properly.

It may require actually extracting the bin file out of the zip and onto the hard drive first, then putting that extracted file on the SD card.

That is how I have done every update and not had a problem yet.

If true, this would seem to be some sort of DJI/Phantom peculiarity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav