My new P3A....

Reaction score
Having all kinds of trouble updating the firmware. Downloaded the zip file extracted the .bin to the sd card and the Phantom just sits there with the lights blinking but won't update. Also when I plug my RC into my iPad and turn it on and open the Go app it shows I have a P4 instead of the P3A with no where to change it that I can tell. Is there a reset button on the RC like there is on the gimbel on the drone? Had the drone since Tues and it's been a paper weight so far.

Hi. I think that when P4 appear @ the app you select it to then select Phantom 3 Advance.

It doesn't give the option to change it. I can change on the next screen and hit the save button and it transfers me back to the original connect screen and says P4 again. Is there a reset button to push with a straight pin. I haven't noticed one yet.

Remember to put the bin file in a formatted sd
Newly reformatted card and the .bin is the only file on the card. No luck. Been fighting this for 4 days now. Thought about downloading an older firmware and trying that but don't know if it will do any good.

Longhorn, did you try following these instructions? If so, do you see a TXT log file on your memory card after trying to install the firmware?

why doesn't people just fly for awhile instead trying to due firmware updates right away due they think if they don't upgrade firmware it isn't going to fly just don't get it

No, I think there is not. It is a brand new P3A?
Brand new from Amazon. 1.9.60 Gonna check for the text file now. Got to charge a battery and will post again later after I try it again. msinger I believe I am following those steps exactly.....

why doesn't people just fly for awhile instead trying to due firmware updates right away due they think if they don't upgrade firmware it isn't going to fly just don't get it
When the Go app opened up and said upgrade required I figured I needed to. Didn't know I could get around it without doing it. If the firmware is jacked up in the drone the battery FW is probably also? Maybe I need to try another of the 4 batteries I bought.

Reactions: phantomi
What do you see in the TXT log file on your memory card? If you don't see that file, you did not install the firmware properly.

No txt file generated. So frustrating but will keep on trying for the 16th time.

That usually means you're using firmware from the wrong Phantom model, the BIN is not on the root of the memory card, or the Phantom cannot read your memory card.

Downloaded zip file for P3A, unzipped it, placed the .bin in the root of the sd card and then put it in the drone. What your saying though makes me think of something I mentioned earlier. When I connect the RC to my iPad and start the Go app it comes up as a P4 with no way to change it to the P3A. If I installed P4 in one of my previous 16 attempts by mistake how do I undo it? Is it possible? And it's the card that came in the drone. I did buy a 64gb also though.

When the Go app opened up and said upgrade required I figured I needed to. Didn't know I could get around it without doing it. If the firmware is jacked up in the drone the battery FW is probably also? Maybe I need to try another of the 4 batteries I bought.
That was my same scenario. I suggest not to update to 1.9 but instead to 1.8.80

I downloaded 1.8.80 to my other card. Should I try that one in the drone you think?

If I installed P4 in one of my previous 16 attempts by mistake how do I undo it? Is it possible?
No. Try your other memory card.

So by some chance it has the P4 firmware on it by using my other card with the P3 FW it will change it?
That's not possible. You cannot install P4 firmware on a P3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic