My new P3A

Reaction score
Loving my new phantom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-03-14-38-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-03-14-38-34.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 426
Nice, Every flight i go further and further. farthest ive been so far is 3800ft. Only my 5th flight..

Reactions: Extreme24
My problem seems to be LOS. Only one way i can go from my yard and not have something get in between the RC and the Drone. Trust me for only my 5th flight im over pleased with its range. Still have a bunch to learn, thats why im taking it slow. Been reading in here for days now..

Are you getting that distance "out of the box"? Or have you modded the antennae?

Welcome and hope you enjoy!!

These are the kinds of photos your phantom is able to capture.. I just took these at Lake Tahoe this past weekend :)
Safe flying!!

DJI_0009_zpsbk1imdyk.jpg

LakeT%20InWtr%20330ft_zps7kaemhki.jpg

DJI_0052_zpstdxedtjq.jpg

thanks, nice pics, what software are u using to edit them

Thanks.

I'm using Pixlemator for Mac (only avail for Mac). It's like photoshop only 1/4 the cost ;)

..tho I'm sure photoshop has a TON more options and submenus but as a greenhorn - It's far more than enough for me right now until I learn more. Most of my edits are simply trial & error. Most come out great. Others I struggle with.

Enjoy!!!

so far i been 3 miles one way, six miles total, including back home
Awesome. 7510' (1.42 Miles) one way so far for me. Baby steps, but looking forward to 15,000+ feet.

P3P, bone stock, old motors, FW 1.1.9. Have the Windsurfers to try and go farther, but haven't needed them yet. Upstate NY winter is here finally.

SD

I like the stock iMovie program for Mac. Basic but just my speed for now.

Same here. Once I master the videos better I'll setup on my videos editor.

I didn't like the limited factor of the filters on the PHOTOS app on the mac so I snagged up pixlemator which is worlds better. I think I paid $15 when it on was on promo sale. I think they offer a 30 day free trial. Worth checking out.

My problem seems to be LOS. Only one way i can go from my yard and not have something get in between the RC and the Drone. Trust me for only my 5th flight im over pleased with its range. Still have a bunch to learn, thats why im taking it slow. Been reading in here for days now..
Slow is much better than 'rapid unintentional dissassembly'.

Same here. Once I master the videos better I'll setup on my videos editor.

I didn't like the limited factor of the filters on the PHOTOS app on the mac so I snagged up pixlemator which is worlds better. I think I paid $15 when it on was on promo sale. I think they offer a 30 day free trial. Worth checking out.
The trick is to capture the info at the highest resolution / least data loss as possible. Then you can go back and improve your post processing technique / software later on. Capture video in 4K unless you need the faster acquisition rate of 2.7K / 30 fps or 1080 / 60 fps. Bring down the saturation, sharpness and contrast in video acquisition (typically -1, -2 on the sliders) - you can ADD saturation, contrast and sharpness a whole lot easier than you can subtract it. Stills get captured in a RAW format. That prevents the tiny little computer brain in the camera from deciding how the picture should look.

The other issue I see here is bad transcoding from video on your computer to YouTube or Vimeo or whathaveyou. All of those sites have useful tutorials on how to set up video for viewing on their respective site. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to get your settings right and it makes a world of difference.

The histogram is your friend. Lots of info in the various photography forums.

The trick is to capture the info at the highest resolution / least data loss as possible. Then you can go back and improve your post processing technique / software later on. Capture video in 4K unless you need the faster acquisition rate of 2.7K / 30 fps or 1080 / 60 fps. Bring down the saturation, sharpness and contrast in video acquisition (typically -1, -2 on the sliders) - you can ADD saturation, contrast and sharpness a whole lot easier than you can subtract it. Stills get captured in a RAW format. That prevents the tiny little computer brain in the camera from deciding how the picture should look.

The other issue I see here is bad transcoding from video on your computer to YouTube or Vimeo or whathaveyou. All of those sites have useful tutorials on how to set up video for viewing on their respective site. Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to get your settings right and it makes a world of difference.

The histogram is your friend. Lots of info in the various photography forums.

I agree. I have the Phantom Advanced so 2.7k is my highest. However iMovie won't export in 2.7k. Only 1080, which sucks nuts. I have the latest iMovie update & running on a new Macbook Pro.

I capture my stills in RAW and edit them in pixelmator. I haven't figured out how to edit colors and such in iMovie yet. Been watching tutorials on youtube. All learning experience :)

Here's my last two videos.. Last weekend at Lake Tahoe and the other was in August on the CA/OR coast.

(2nd video created using iMovie - I learned after 1st video to reduce sensitivity on the sticks to get more fluid shots)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(1st video created using iMovie)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jut

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic