My new P3 controls are different from my P2V

Reaction score
Okay, I had the vision 2+ and loved it until I crashed it. I just got the new P3 Advanced and have a question. On my P2V to shut it down I had to pull both joy sticks down and to the center. On my new P3 I now only need to take the left joystick and pull it straight down. Is there any concern with killing the engines when in descent causing the drone to fall from the sky? I've only had the chance to fly my new P3 twice but I am terrified that I will make it fall like a rock if I descend to fast.

To my understanding, holding just the throttle down only powers the engines off if it detects you are at take off elevation, but it can not happen in normal flight. Pulling both sticks to the center, or doing a CSC, can and will turn off your motors in flight if you perform it, and can also power on / shut the engines off at take off elevation.

Reactions: BMF Drone Guy
On my new P3 I now only need to take the left joystick and pull it straight down.
This is a feature of the P2V+ too. With the left stick in the full down position, the motors will not shut off until 3-5 seconds after your Phantom has stopped descending. Only a CSC will instantly kill the motors.

This is a feature of the P2V+ too. With the left stick in the full down position, the motors will not shut off until 3-5 seconds after your Phantom has stopped descending. Only a CSC will instantly kill the motors.

Thanks! Did not know it was 3-5 after descending that is good to know

Perhaps you should refer to the manual.
Starting and stopping motors is the same for the P2 and P3 (except the P2 has 2 additional CSC positions)
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

And no, you won't stop the motors in flight with the left stick down.
If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.

Perhaps you should refer to the manual.
Starting and stopping motors is the same for the P2 and P3 (except the P2 has 2 additional CSC positions)
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

And no, you won't stop the motors in flight with the left stick down.
If you are high enough you can hold the left stick down for 33 seconds and it still won't stop the motors until you have landed.
That's what the manual says and that's the way it works.
Hundreds of pilots have tested and confirmed this.
You can descend left stick full down and it WILL NOT stop the motors in flight.
Thank you for the detail. Its very helpful and reassuring.

My worry is.. If I full throttle down.. Is there ANY chance of a vortex? That thing scares me so I often half throttle while pushing forward

We are good bunch here, keep asking the questions and you will get "mostly" good replies.
Thanks Robinb. Not sure why i let people like that get to me. I have much to learn about my new P3 and hope to have some great video of 4th of July fireworks this weekend. Have a great weekend.

Look forward to seeing the videos next week.

Did you see the video last year of a p2 flying through some, got slightly nocked at one point by a burst. ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Did you see the video last year of a p2 flying through some, got slightly nocked at one point by a burst. ?

I have seen that. I hope mine turn out half as good. I don't think I am going to get that close though.

That video was pretty epic !

Personal attacks against members, cursing & name calling are not adult-like actions and warrant a cleanup don't you agree @louforgiveno?

Reactions: mrburris and Dov
I do agree, i also know we all have moments we forget that...and some may just be like that. I've seen these flare ups before and some get resolved before mods arrive. I applaud those type of resolutions, yet censoring those threads erases the proof of two people butting heads and finally finding resolve....someone else might learn something about internet interactions....or someone else might realize a certain member is always combative and will avoid them etc. Maybe we could have a "fight" section

My worry is.. If I full throttle down.. Is there ANY chance of a vortex? That thing scares me so I often half throttle while pushing forward

Nope not with the p3 You can bring that sucker straight down as fast as it will go and not even a hint of VRS Even if trying to make it get some VRS it just dont seem to want to do it with the new off set tilted motors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.