My new P1 is gonna get FPV for $29.55, 18 grams without antenna

If yours came with one of those stick antennas, replace it with a cloverleaf one. That should be upgrade #1.
Then maybe look into running the entire thing off its own battery vs tapping into the lipo pack.

As far as detail.....you're pretty much going to be limited by the camera and not the display. Not sure what the resolution of your camera is, but the one that came with the fatshark kit is kind of meh as far as detail goes. Sony I think makes a really nice one. Look around on youtube and look up comparison videos by some reputable people. RCModelReviews is one guy that's based in New Zealand, and he really knows his stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RCModelReviews
Yep, I agree with everything you've said. I have another bird with the FPV in progress and it has the 700 Sony camera. The detail is there before it gets to the monitor, no questions. This camera is supposedly the same, LOL, yea right for $30 for the whole set... we'll see.

I've done some research and just decided on the lightest weight setup. My flights originate at elevations ranging from 4500 to 8000 ft MSL and I've learned by flying my FC40, that weight is a killer when it comes to flight time.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate the input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4