My new DJI Phantom 2 set up completed today very pleased !!!

Reaction score
So I finally decided to get out my new Phantom 2 today to set it all up after adding this to my collection which I brought myself for Christmas so here goes
Items are DJIPhantom 2 complete with zenmuse gimbal / DJI mini osd / immersion Rc VTX & Gopro hero 3 black edition complete with Fatshark Dominator googles / Fatshark spironet antennas & waiting for the new Black Pearl 7" dual diversity monitor with built in battery pack to come all up weighing in at 1280 grams looks great & all updated to latest spec see pics below:

Layout or accesories
aje3y9y2.jpg

Inside phantom
7yge3a7u.jpg

2yny3a5u.jpg

Tidying up cables underneath to run inside phantom
me5yvehe.jpg

Wiring all ready & solder up inside all cut to neat lengths
jyme7e6a.jpg

sany2uge.jpg

4ety8ety.jpg

Final pics of outside completed
udehaze6.jpg

a5ypeme8.jpg

All weighing in at 1280 grams finished
ymu9yra6.jpg

anumyqyp.jpg

All inside its new home
vanara9y.jpg

Well happy with my Sundays afternoon work finally done

Pic of my other 2 set ups now have all 3 happy man
yhuze7u4.jpg

Re: My new DJI Phantom 2 set up completed today very pleased

All tested OSD through to goggles is amazing just can't wait now to get my new Black Pearl 7" dual diversity monitor with built in battery to add to this then will be able to look at the best of both worlds

Few pics of my new monitor mount from ravecreative fitted looks great fits perfect highly recommend great piece of kit see pics below

e9e6ymu9.jpg

abu2u4um.jpg

etuvety2.jpg

5egazane.jpg

he3a5ybu.jpg

murepy8u.jpg

5a2a5yqy.jpg

azave7yp.jpg

6uta3ata.jpg

utesunuj.jpg

u8upema4.jpg

ude6ezan.jpg

jane7u9a.jpg

e7ume4yj.jpg

Cheers Phil mate fantastic piece of kit

Great! I'm considering putting on osd and fpv on my P2 (which has Zenmuse). I noticed you have a P2V, too. Why? (this is an honest question - I'm considering getting one even though I have the P2 with the better gimbal). Do you think it will be useful since you have the other two versions?

iceman i have a vision and now also a phantom 2 just quick question does your controller on the p2 beep on start up :?

hotstink626 said:
iceman i have a vision and now also a phantom 2 just quick question does your controller on the p2 beep on start up :?
No it's silent mate

just took the phantom 2 with gimbal out on my go pro wow what a difference just put it up against my vision footage and i started to get sea sick lol from the vision footage ... too cut a long story short the vision camera bricked itself on monday after the latest firmware update so i took it back to my dealer who is also stumped on what is wrong with it so while trying to fix it the phantom 2 was there on his counter staring at me ... some how between trying to fix the vision and my credit card i walked out with the phantom 2 leaving the vision to be repaired .. maybe a blessing in disguise maybe i won't go back lol ...
no i still love my vision but apart from them looking the same they have there own applications on what you could use them for . It has just make the tool box just a little bit more flexible ... looking at icemans kit i think he knows what im taking about each one of his phantoms will have its own appplications you could use it for..

hotstink626 said:
i still love my vision but apart from them looking the same they have there own applications on what you could use them for . It has just make the tool box just a little bit more flexible ... looking at icemans kit i think he knows what im taking about each one of his phantoms will have its own appplications you could use it for..

Do you have any specifics? What will the P2V do better than the P2 with gimbal (and osd and FPV)? And, vice versa...
Need help with what the P2V is better at - and I'm not trolling or baiting, I really want to hear from users who have both.

edit: And so I'm not stealing the thread - as much -. I had a P1 and went to a P2 with gimbal and the difference in the video was night and day. I can really identify with the OP being pleased.

SO what is the cost of the things you got for the FPV ? i'm liking your setup .

same here.

iceman, how do you like the black pearl? and how come you are only using a rubber duckie on the p2?

what's the range you get from it?

Thanks.

madirect said:
same here.

iceman, how do you like the black pearl? and how come you are only using a rubber duckie on the p2?

what's the range you get from it?

Thanks.
Not using the rubber duck now has a fatshark spironet on the vtx was flying out fpv today on friends farm at height of 40 m & 1200m distance & still going strong great view no distortion from the dominator googles but came back done 4 battery's in total after that done 4 batteries at 20 mins flight bringing all packs done to 30% left in each was great day out also the black pearl works fantastic my phantom 2 set up is just amazing & love it

jodaddy23 said:
SO what is the cost of the things you got for the FPV ? i'm liking your setup .
Quite a bit dji phantom 2 £620 vtx £70 dji mini osd £50 gopro hero black edition £250 black pearl monitor with fatshark spironets & patch antenna £250 & case £40 dominator goggles £240 about £1500 total give & take but worth every penny

Iceman, are you experiencing any compass issues with your video TX antenna being so close?

lgeist said:
Iceman, are you experiencing any compass issues with your video TX antenna being so close?
None at all & been out at just over 1000m to height 60m all working perfect too

Iceman said:
So I finally decided to get out my new Phantom 2 today to set it all up after adding this to my collection which I brought myself for Christmas so here goes
Items are DJIPhantom 2 complete with zenmuse gimbal / DJI mini osd / immersion Rc VTX & Gopro hero 3 black edition complete with Fatshark Dominator googles / Fatshark spironet antennas & waiting for the new Black Pearl 7" dual diversity monitor with built in battery pack to come all up weighing in at 1280 grams looks great & all updated to latest spec see pics below:

Layout or accesories
aje3y9y2.jpg

Inside phantom
7yge3a7u.jpg

2yny3a5u.jpg

Tidying up cables underneath to run inside phantom
me5yvehe.jpg

Wiring all ready & solder up inside all cut to neat lengths
jyme7e6a.jpg

sany2uge.jpg

4ety8ety.jpg

Final pics of outside completed
udehaze6.jpg

a5ypeme8.jpg

All weighing in at 1280 grams finished
ymu9yra6.jpg

anumyqyp.jpg

All inside its new home
vanara9y.jpg

Well happy with my Sundays afternoon work finally done

Pic of my other 2 set ups now have all 3 happy man
yhuze7u4.jpg

You got an impressive Phantom family right there :)

What case are you using for the P2 with Zenmuse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've had no problems with brightness on my BP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues