Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional My new battery will not charge

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by kyte, Sep 27, 2015.

1. kyte

I recently received my P3 Professional which came with 2 batteries. One of the batteries will not charge. The charger works fine on the other battery which I have used now several times.

Has anyone else had this problem with a new battery.?
    It flashes the 1st green light on & off but will not take any charge. I am unable to use it & it is not hot!

2. Erroll

Put it into the quad and check what the DJI app shows about the battery's condition. That might give a clue as to the problem.

3. RoyVa

You may try connecting it to the charger and hitting the pier button once to see if it will start charging. If not DJI support time.

4. TX-Xced

1. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. When in hibernation mode, if you try to power on the battery, the battery power LED will show a solid red light and the battery level LEDs will all be off. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

5. bobmyers

Well that's good to know-- where does that info come from?

6. TX-Xced

Hey Bob - It's from the DJI battery safety manual.

But re-reading Kyte's post he stated the following so I don't think thats is issue.
    Kite - you might try unplugging the charger from the wall and the unplugging the battery from the charger waiting a few mins for the capacitance to drain out of the charger. Then plug back in to the wall and re-connect the battery. Give that a go.

7. bobmyers

Guess I should read the DJI Safety Manual again-- been about 4 months:):) Thanks!