Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My Nemesis Revisited

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by teslar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. teslar

Some of you might recall my night excursion up a local hill to retrieve my phantom which has run out of altitude :)

This video was my first trip back. After reading I was allowed to fly at 1000ft with FPV I waited till late afternoon just before dark to try it out. I reduced height to 500ft as I approached the hill. There is some rough manoeuvring at times particularly in the home approach which I put down to cold hands :) the video was shot in 4K but with a high ISO being late in the day and Vimeo compression the final result isn't any where near what the Hero4 can produce

Deputy Dog likes this.
  2. Deputy Dog

You live in the sticks, this is where the Phantom flies best. Pity all those living in the big cities. I live in the Arizona desert and it's fun, fun, fun, until the FAA takes my Phantom away! LOL

teslar likes this.
  3. teslar

Yep. Not quite in the sticks but plenty of empty space around with nobody to complain but I waited until later so nobody would be on the hilltop and we do get quite s few microlite aircraft flying over on good days so I have to be careful with those as they fly quite low

Deputy Dog likes this.
  4. kenjancef

This is what it's like living in the city... well... close enough to it anyway.... only place to go is straight up...

G0010759.JPG

5. Deputy Dog

Doesn't look fun....and then you've got your neighbors yelling at you regarding their privacy.

6. kenjancef

All in all, it's actually not so bad. It's a big field directly across the street from my house. My 8 year old son comes out with me, I let him do low-altitude practicing, and he loves when I get an overhead video of him playing in the field. Neighbors haven't complained, I never hear from them at all anyway, which may be a good thing... lol...

Deputy Dog likes this.
  7. Deputy Dog

It's where you live, make the best of it and have fun up there.

kenjancef likes this.
  8. kenjancef

Yep... that's all I can do. I have a ton of places I can drive to, but time/work doesn't get me there at all... when the weather breaks I'll get to some fields. I have a scratch-built quad I need to get in the air as well.

teslar likes this.