My max range on stock T8J and Fatsharks

Reaction score
Yes, this isn't a Phantom vid but I use my T8J and Fatsharks on my phantom like a lot of people. So, maybe this will help. See below....

I searched and searched to see what max range was for the stock Futaba T8J using the stock Fatshark Predators. . I found nothing that really helped. So, before I threw my Dragonlink and 900 MHz video feed on I tested it out to help out others. Basically, I was able to go a little more than 1500 feet and altitude while being a half mile away. Total distance equaling about 3700 feet before the video feed started to get real glitchy. The TX could have gone much further but I was limited by the 5.8 MHz on the goggles. It was all line of sight and maybe one can go higher or further but this was my comfort zone knowing that I could manually fly it back without needing to hit my RTH switch. Hope this helps someone looking to do the same. Plane was a SkySurfer with a FoxTech Storm OSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBg1Ip- ... e=youtu.be

Perfdavid said:
Yes, this isn't a Phantom vid but I use my T8J and Fatsharks on my phantom like a lot of people. So, maybe this will help. See below....

I searched and searched to see what max range was for the stock Futaba T8J using the stock Fatshark Predators. . I found nothing that really helped. So, before I threw my Dragonlink and 900 MHz video feed on I tested it out to help out others. Basically, I was able to go a little more than 1500 feet and altitude while being a half mile away. Total distance equaling about 3700 feet before the video feed started to get real glitchy. The TX could have gone much further but I was limited by the 5.8 MHz on the goggles. It was all line of sight and maybe one can go higher or further but this was my comfort zone knowing that I could manually fly it back without needing to hit my RTH switch. Hope this helps someone looking to do the same. Plane was a SkySurfer with a FoxTech Storm OSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBg1Ip- ... e=youtu.be

Typo, sorry. Total distance max distance away was 3027 feet

Perhaps by coincidence I've found that my maximum comfortable distance is also around 1500 feet. I'm using Fatshark Predator 250 mw, ibCrazy helical (on goggles) and a blue beam tx antenna. At 1500' I still get very good fpv video but in order to get decent GoPro footage I fly slow, so that tends to limit my distance from home.

I could certainly push the distance but I'm simply not willing to take the risk of not getting the Phantom back!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj