My Longest Litchi Mission so far....3.6 miles, 200' Altitude, 30mph.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So i put together this flight plan on the mission hub, but have been kinda hesitant to run it, b/c i'm still relatively new to the app! Yesterday, there was no wind, and it was perfect conditions, so i gave it a go!! Check it out and let me know what you guys think!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Excellent work. Personally, I didn't care for the "side views" early on, but overall, a great mission. Good job.

Reactions: Suhail78
I like the rotational views, Litchi does such a great job of doing the smooth yaw rotation. The opening shot looked like looking out a plane window on an approach to landing. Sun was a it much in some portions. Also use your camera tilt more to focus on items of interest, set the tilt speed a little lower and set the gimbal SmoothTrack at around 20-22 to give a smooth stop of the tilt instead of the abrupt stop, try it, you'll like it. Overall you did very well and have some great material to edit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I like the rotational views, Litchi does such a great job of doing the smooth yaw rotation. The opening shot looked like looking out a plane window on an approach to landing. Sun was a it much in some portions. Also use your camera tilt more to focus on items of interest, set the tilt speed a little lower and set the gimbal SmoothTrack at around 20-22 to give a smooth stop of the tilt instead of the abrupt stop, try it, you'll like it. Overall you did very well and have some great material to edit.

Thanks alot for the feedback!!! Yeah, i'm still working on my editing skills, and i wasnt too thrilled with the angle of the gimbal over that cool looking house before it goes out over the dam, but it was just a first run, i'll clean it up and bit and give it another go when i get a chance!!

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Did you have the gimbal set to manual? That would let you point at your discretion.

I had it set to custom, because in a previous mission i had it set to auto, and it did not focus on my POI's. So i found out i had to set it to custom for that to happen. If i set it to manual, can i manually control the heading and the gimbal, and continue to fly the preset flightpath?

I meant setting the gimbal function to disabled, my mistake. I leave on custom so the mission does everything smoothly and I just have to concentrate on the tilt. I have only used manual heading once and yes you can control the heading, but that time I had the gimbal pitch mode also set to manual. Made the flying a little more complex, my brain starts to overheat when that happens.

Another tip I picked up from a fellow member, like near the end over the lake bring the sky into the picture less, especially if it's boring sky if that makes sense and it helps even out the contrast. Something like only 10-20% of the sky. But it depends on what you are wanting to film. Was the round glass building a private residence?

Another tip I picked up from a fellow member, like near the end over the lake bring the sky into the picture less, especially if it's boring sky if that makes sense and it helps even out the contrast. Something like only 10-20% of the sky. But it depends on what you are wanting to film. Was the round glass building a private residence?

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure! Thanks for the advice about the sky!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey how do you get past the battery RTH? I tried Litchi for the first time today and it did a RTH on me as soon as the battery warning went off and I couldn't stop it

Hey how do you get past the battery RTH? I tried Litchi for the first time today and it did a RTH on me as soon as the battery warning went off and I couldn't stop it

On this particular mission i started with a full battery, got back at around 40%, so no issue with battery RTH.

I have my low battery warning set to 30% and the critical alert at 15%.

Check your critical battery settings in dji go app. I'm just fishing here, I always check my settings in go app before switching over to litchi.

Connect with the Go app & disable Smart-RTH. Make sure your bird can complete a mission else it will fly to 10% & auto-land. You can override if you are in RC contact.

Connect with the Go app & disable Smart-RTH. Make sure your bird can complete a mission else it will fly to 10% & auto-land. You can override if you are in RC contact.

As a rule of thumb, I think for me personally at least, ill try to keep the missions under 15 minutes with my P4, and i should be good on battery life. Would you agree with that estimation Dirty Bird??

Yes 15 minutes you will be fine. Litchi seems to estimate on the high side. My Baltimore missions range from 37,500-39,000'. Litchi estimates them to complete in ~19 minutes @ 30 mph. They complete in about 16 & I normally have 28-34% battery left with a P4 depending on the winds. My P3 aircraft finish with 25-30% remaining. The Baltimore runs have a lot of yawing & lots of altitude changes which uses more power. I've flown a mission of ~44,000' & returned with ~22% remaining. Cutting it to the edge in light winds I'm confident you can get 50,000' with a reliable battery but this is really pushing things near the limit.

As a rule of thumb, I think for me personally at least, ill try to keep the missions under 15 minutes with my P4, and i should be good on battery life. Would you agree with that estimation Dirty Bird??

Yes 15 minutes you will be fine. Litchi seems to estimate on the high side. My Baltimore missions range from 37,500-39,000'. Litchi estimates them to complete in ~19 minutes @ 30 mph. They complete in about 16 & I normally have 28-34% battery left with a P4 depending on the winds. My P3 aircraft finish with 25-30% remaining. The Baltimore runs have a lot of yawing & lots of altitude changes which uses more power. I've flown a mission of ~44,000' & returned with ~22% remaining. Cutting it to the edge in light winds I'm confident you can get 50,000' with a reliable battery but this is really pushing things near the limit.

Thank you, really appreciate the response, its really thrilling to plan a mission, send the bird off and see her come back safe and sound, then going back to see the footage from the SD card is just icing on the cake!! I probably wont be flying anything close to what you've accomplished, clearly with years of experience. This is my first drone, but I'm learning fast, and enjoying the heck out of it as i go!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Yeah this was my first try with it after having it for such a long time! It went great until the battery went past the red...

Thanks DB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers