My longest flight so far...

Reaction score
Attached the ground end and battery to a 2 metre wooden pole and set quad on its way. It went out to 2250 metres in a straight line, Ground Station didn't drop out and I was able to track it all the way with FVP, I was impressed! Have to see how far I can push it.....

If you take the gimbal off and attach just the gopro you should have plenty of time on one batt to go as far as the control range will let you and back...if you really want to test the radio's range that is.

When I first used FPV I could only get a few hundred metres away before I lost picture, it amazes me that just by changing antennas I can go over 2k further and it's still usable. Plus having the GS base station on a pole means I can track it all the way using the iPad with no drop out. Very pleased!

Yeah that solution to mount them on a pole is very smart, I'm looking at doing the same when I start to really tackle long-distance flights. So far I've rarely pushed it out beyond 500m or so.

I use a Black pearl with a cloverleaf and a 5 turn helical. Got a cloverleaf on the Phantom. My GS antenna is Velcroed to a pole and I use a USB extension cable to connect to a laptop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20