My longest flight so far and it wanted to keep going

What antenna mods are you all using?

I have a Drone World range extender
Drone World's Range Extender Antenna System: How to Maximize the Phantom 3's Range

Its probably not worth the $$$ but it does seem to work well and it doesn't void the warranty. (the main reason I went with it vs other, possibly better, definitely cheaper upgrades)

I don't think for long range flying these big expensive upgrades are worth it. My buddies stock P3P can do 3.5 miles under perfect conditions and that's really all the battery you have anyway (unless you're going the dual battery mod route or some other crazy stuff)

Where I notice the upgrade the most is with its increased signal penetration. I can keep a clean signal through a lot more trees and with a lot more WiFi interference.

Reactions: mikecorn1
Correct & be mindful of the wind on long range flights. Its best if you can begin your flight heading into the wind as it will be easier on the return flight & you'll have a nice cushion. If you do it the other way around you'll be fighting the wind on the way back &, depending on the wind & how far past the war

The warning is due to the software thinking you won't have enough battery power to make it back. I wouldn't totally ignore it however, it likely will give you an earlier warning than necessary. Like I said, I landed with roughly 40% remaining. I positioned the RC carefully so I'm thinking it wasn't likely the cause of fading signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4