My longest distance so far!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
4333a0c3a0b5164645d78bad5cc4afd4.jpg

Reached just over 2 miles in an urban area with my p4 today before I just was getting weak transmission.. very happy with this flight.. if wondering I have the dbs 2 panel with two 3w sunhan wifi boosters, i sport mode there and back.. I wonder what I can get out in a wide open area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reached just over 2 miles in an urban area with my p4 today before I just was getting weak transmission.. very happy with this flight.. if wondering I have the dbs 2 panel with two 3w sunhan wifi boosters, i sport mode there and back.. I wonder what I can get out in a wide open area.

Choice good flight,,:rolleyes:

Ok, I think you might be playing a joke here. How did you manage to launch and fly to 700+ ft Alt so close to O'Hare Airport?

IMG_2090.PNG

Well lets hope he notified the tower since it is within 5 miles fro O'Hare International, is in class bravo airspace and the path crossed over a school NFZ.
Almost looks like he is so close he could see the airport from the flight location :eek:

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 11.24.20 PM✨.png

it is rather concerning. The full scale AC is a 757 passenger jet. Note the altitude, it flew directly across the OP"s depicted path and is lower than the OP's depicted altitude at his turn around point. I don't think this is a great place for distance runs.

IMG_2096.PNG

Ragexd1, do you have a car or someone can pickup you to an open area outside urban zone or NFZ? Not only for the sake of following safety and rules but also improving long distance performance. Consider also weather and terrain conditions, ie see NeverMindYourOwn channel for such experiences.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Doing silly things is not smart
But posting it is even more stupid

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
To be fair the OP may have no idea of the regulations and potential consequences. It may be early days for them in the hobby. They are in the right place to learn (this forum).

I like the suggestion by @RémyHeli.

NeverMindYourOwn on you tube gets ridiculous flight ranges and shows you both the good and the bad.
Check out his review off the Nvidia Shield K1 and its o.j. screen recording.
At 2.2kHz the shield is a no brainer

What building were you On top of in order to be 751feet above in order to I get that distance.

To be fair the OP may have no idea of the regulations and potential consequences. It may be early days for them in the hobby. They are in the right place to learn (this forum).

I like the suggestion by @RémyHeli.
Unfortunately, as the saying goes, " ignorance of the law is not a defense."

Reactions: Phill2
Well I don't want to offend anybody but i can see a lot is wrong with this flight
At this distance op had no LOS
Over a residential area
Not to mention height and surrounding
But don't you think authorities don't scan those sites?
Im sure they do
Everything those days is recorded big brother is always watching lol
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members