My little TRIPPLE Crash

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Please have a look and a laugh!! :D I thought I would die looking at this video. So Embarrassing!! :?

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH43U6v-qTg

I think I didn't let the GPS get 100% ready...? And a small wrong turn, went very wrong.

Enjoy! :eek:

Regards
// FJ

NOTE: Previwe does not work while posting to this forum.

You might want more practice before going public haha.

Nice video--those phantom's are resilient!!

Jungman said:
NOTE: Previwe does not work while posting to this forum.

Yes it does:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH43U6v-qTg[/youtube]

and you should probably practice flying somewhere more open before being as ambitious as this video...

rfernandez said:
why would you even consider flying in such tight quarters. you could have hurt someone. Dumb ***!!

A little harsh...but I agree with others. why didn't you cut the throttle when it was stuck in the tree? You may need more practice in an open field or w/a smaller quad. GPS would not have helped you here.

Get used to flying in any orientation. I hardly ever use homelock! what helped me is using my daughter's t-ball stand and flying circles around it while keeping the nose facing the stand. I also set up cones and fly a slalom back and forth.

It would take a while if you EVER were able to get a GPS fix between those two close buildings.

Can't really agree with you that GPS (or lack thereof) was the cause of your troubles here. Looks like a classic case of orientation loss combined with flight in close proximity to buildings and trees.
My assumption is this may have been one of your first flights?

I'm not really going to pile on and call you names as you probably were embarrassed enough having an audience for that debacle. I just hope this can be a lesson learned and you don't push yourself outside your limits in the future. These multi-rotors are indeed fun and exciting and the Phantom seems to make things easy enough for anyone to use but flying multi-rotors is not "idiot-proof" no matter what software or hardware is employed and there is no substitute for proper practice and preparation.
As others have said already, getting more practice and keeping your early flights in areas void of buildings/trees will benefit you greatly in the end.
Best of luck in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers