My Litchi review

Look them up on Facebook. I frequently ask questions or point out bugs and they respond in about an hour or so. They're good people and I'm sure they never intended to rip you off. I'd try reaching out to them first if you want a refund.

Sorry your experience with Litchi did not work for you. I personally think the $25 is worth the Waypoints feature alone. Have used the Follow a couple times, Orbit once with no issues. Tried the Track once, had a little trouble getting the object(me) "pinched" on the screen, but did manage and it worked. Granted, I was walking in open field. For those with P3S, I think the app is a bargain...YMMV, Kel

Reactions: Pharm
I will never do facebook.Social media other then informative forums like this one is a disease.
Changed My Life.jpg

I will never do facebook.Social media other then informative forums like this one is a disease.
Seriously, you are the one making everything so horrible. Just email the guy and he will reply back, toot sweet:

[email protected]

Reactions: HueJorgan and JBG
Track mode is extremely new, and likely still somewhat experimental, in Litchi. The app does a whole lot more. I wouldn't judge it solely based on that. Even the P4's tracking feature isn't perfect from what I understand.

I'm guessing that Litchi uses a contrast and size-based system to track objects. With bushes scattered around that are similar in size and closely driven around, it may have lost the edges for tracking. Hard to say without knowing their algorithm, but it may work perfectly well in areas without similarly sized objects. I wonder how Litchi's implementation compares to that of the P4.

Reactions: OrlyP
Another great example I just found on youtube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wide open space with an object small enough that you could fully pinch frame yet total fail.Pisses me off when all these software clowns sucker you into buying their crap products.Should be a law against this and a steep financial penalty.If there were then these software scammers would get it right before putting their product on the market.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Another great example I just found on youtube:
Wide open space with an object small enough that you could fully pinch frame yet total fail.Pisses me off when all these software clowns sucker you into buying their crap products.Should be a law against this and a steep financial penalty.If there were then these software scammers would get it right before putting their product on the market.
Sounds like you just don't know what the hell you're doing. Litchi is amazing and you are one of the few who say otherwise.

I only use Litchi for the waypoints feature and, for me, this works perfectly well and is easily worth the cost - it has transformed my P3S into a seriously capable device at a bargain price. I haven't tried any of the other features and so can't comment on whether they do or don't work, but I do know that all software has some aspects that don't work exactly as they should - even very expensive applications from the likes of Microsoft & Apple.

Reactions: Pharm and 66Fury
Litchi is absolutely amazing for waypoints. Here's one of the first videos I did on litchi. I plotted all the points from home, and loaded the mission when I got there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
The tracking seemed pretty impressive, in one instance towards the end it clearly locked on to a bush as the vehicle passed it. Not suprising.

Peopes expectations vary, if your not happy fair enough, im sure litchi would have sent your money back if you found someone to talk to.

I like litchi for a lot but tracking does not work well vertical studio does it 3 times as good. I think it's limited to 10 mph on follow object

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The tracking seemed pretty impressive, in one instance towards the end it clearly locked on to a bush as the vehicle passed it. Not suprising.

Peopes expectations vary, if your not happy fair enough, im sure litchi would have sent your money back if you found someone to talk to.
Requested refund from paypal over a week ago and the merchant(Litchi)has not responded yet according to paypal.

Sounds like you just don't know what the hell you're doing. Litchi is amazing and you are one of the few who say otherwise.
I don't think that was a fair or reasonable answer. LITCHI developers made the claim the software would do certain things and priced their product based on those claims. If even one of the options doesn't really work then the problem is with the developers of that software package for making false or inaccurate claims. You may find value with only certain aspects of the Litchi software but never the less the Litchi software appears NOT to do what it claims it can do so they should be liable . I also agree to many software developers get away with making claims to sell code then make it difficult or impossible to track them down to even ask for a refund or help. There should be some liability for defective apps thru the seller but so far tha'ts lacking everywhere. I for one am happy when users report problems so future purchasers will be forewarned

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
According to litchi " lower end devices are unlikely to be up for the task. Be sure to close all background applications before using Track. Video lag will kill tracking".

The S5 may not have sufficient grunt.

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't be pursuing your refund if your not happy.

I played with it on iOS yesterday and was surprised how well it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers