My Litchi review

Reaction score
Short and sweet........the track mode does not work.Tried it in "Follow" and "Orbit" modes and it would track for about 50-100 yards in the open desert and then would say or read that it lost confidence in object or something of the like and stopped tracking.In orbit it would orbit 2-5 circles and then lose object all in the wide open desert.I was tracking a Polaris RZR driving about 15 mph in follow mode and sitting still in orbit mode.Gonna see if I can get my $25 back.Very disapointed.One other thing.......I could never initiate RTH in Litchi unless I shut my controller off.My phone is a Galaxy S5.:rage:

Inititate RTH by flippng the S2 switch a couple of times until you hear the controller produce continuous short beeps.

You don't need Litchi to initiate RTH.
Tried that to and nothing.Drone just hovered.Shut off controller and she zipped on home.

For me, the value of Litchi is the fact I can use my one knock-off battery and the waypoint feature. I haven't been able to get any of the other features to work, yet.

As for RTH, you have to flip the left toggle switch 2-3 times. The remote will start to beep. If the remote does not begin to beep, Litchi has no control over it and you have a messed up remote, drone, or both. I would not fly again if that failsafe does not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: T Dawg
For me, the value of Litchi is the fact I can use my one knock-off battery and the waypoint feature. I haven't been able to get any of the other features to work, yet.

As for GTH, you have to flip the left toggle switch 2-3 times. The remote will start to beep. If the remote does not begin to beep, Litchi has no control over it and you have a messed up remote, drone, or both. I would not fly again if that failsafe does not work.
Litchi is a total fail to me.I will post video in the next 24 hrs as my proof.

Still does not explain the RTH failure.

I already deleted Litchi.Will go back to DJI go.If litchi will not refund then paypal will.

Last edited:
I don't know what the fuss is against Litchi. In all its quirks, it is still one of the better ones out there. Sure, the track feature could use some more work, but considering that the feature is not even officially supported on the Phantom 3 platform, you gotta hand it to the devs for trying. I've got faith they'll eventually figure it out.

Reactions: Pharm and 66Fury
Here is my video to show what happened.This was in Track/Follow mode(s).If i'm doing something wrong please advise.

That's the behavior I noticed as well. As the subject or POI change angles (turns around), its shape/profile changed and Litchi can no longer recognize it.

TrackMe in the Phantom 4 seems to use both aircraft and mobile device processing to recognize the subject even if it has turned around.

Just to prove if this theory is correct, try to,activate the Track feature while behind the ATV (capture the rear profile of the ATV). Then ask the driver to drive relatively straight with minimal turns and corners and see if Litchi keeps up. Again, this is just to test my theory.

Last edited:
That's the behavior I noticed as well. As the subject or POI change angles (turns around), its shape/profile changed and Litchi can no longer recognize it.

TrackMe in the Phantom 4 seems to use both aircraft and mobile device processing to recognize the subject even if it has turned around.

Just to prove if this theory is correct, try to,activate the Track feature while behind the ATV (capture the rear profile of the ATV). Then ask the driver to drive relatively straight with minimal turns and corners and see if Litchi keeps up. Again, this is just to test my theory.
The one shot though he was driving straight and Litchi still got lost after a few seconds.

I'm not a P4 or Litchi user, but I watched your video, and what I though was happening is that the ATV was passing bushes, and I'm wondering if the app got the bushes confused for the ATV.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think Litchi should develop a better algorithm. Machine learning and fuzzy logic, are a couple of things I think they need to work on.
Could not find contact info for them so I filed a claim with paypal.Paypal always gets my money back.I have been suckered so many times by software companies where their product claims were false and their product was garbage.I put Litchi in that catagory.These software companies should not release their product UNLESS IT WORKS.Pisses me off.:rage:

I'm not a P4 or Litchi user, but I watched your video, and what I though was happening is that the ATV was passing bushes, and I'm wondering if the app got the bushes confused for the ATV.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Could be but that still makes their app useless unless your on a football field or the like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20