My latest crash.

Reaction score
While practicing POI (point of interest) this is one of the hardest maneuvers for Phantom 2 non vision to make as there is no app and is done onlywith manual controls. I changed of from one object to another and flew into a tree while looking at the monitor instead of quadcopter. The quad landed upside down in the tree 12 to 14 feet off the ground. Return home for a tree trimmer to remove the quad from the branch it was lying on.

My first flight this year i also ended up in a tree about 15 ft off the ground, it happens, now after several flights i am good with the controls, thanks for sharing ur flight with us it will get better.

Reactions: rene van der meer
My first flight this year i also ended up in a tree about 15 ft off the ground, it happens, now after several flights i am good with the controls, thanks for sharing ur flight with us it will get better.

I've flying for more than 20 months but in this case I wasn't paying attention and that was the results. What many do not realize when flying with a monitor, goggles, iphone or ipad that those monitors have no peripheral vision, depth perception nor can you see what's behind and that can get one into trouble quickly.

I too will be in the same postion Jason shortly, looking at different FPV kits for my phantom 1.1.1 I will also have to pay attention to when i am flying with my monitor attached to my remote control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20