Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My latest crash.

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by jason, Nov 9, 2015.

1. jason

While practicing POI (point of interest) this is one of the hardest maneuvers for Phantom 2 non vision to make as there is no app and is done onlywith manual controls. I changed of from one object to another and flew into a tree while looking at the monitor instead of quadcopter. The quad landed upside down in the tree 12 to 14 feet off the ground. Return home for a tree trimmer to remove the quad from the branch it was lying on.

2. rene van der meer

Jason I can understand the mistake. Nice to share it with us.

3. TheDroid

My first flight this year i also ended up in a tree about 15 ft off the ground, it happens, now after several flights i am good with the controls, thanks for sharing ur flight with us it will get better.

rene van der meer likes this.
  4. jason

I've flying for more than 20 months but in this case I wasn't paying attention and that was the results. What many do not realize when flying with a monitor, goggles, iphone or ipad that those monitors have no peripheral vision, depth perception nor can you see what's behind and that can get one into trouble quickly.

5. TheDroid

I too will be in the same postion Jason shortly, looking at different FPV kits for my phantom 1.1.1 I will also have to pay attention to when i am flying with my monitor attached to my remote control.