My house is a no fly zone, can't unlock it

Reaction score
Just trying to hover in my backyard, app says no fly zone, cannot take off. I'm like 4 miles from an airport. There's no option in the app to unlock it, despite what DJI's site says. So I go to DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and unlock and it says it works, but I still can't take off. I thought maybe because I'm using an iPad without cellular, so I switch it back to wifi for awhile with the DJI Go app open, and then switch back to connecting to the aircraft, still no fly zone, cannot take off. Writing this post as I'm caller number 18 in DJI support queue. Ugh!

If your near a major airport, trouble. DJI Go app added NFZ's. Smaller airports can be unlocked, but there's a 5 mile radius now for major airports.

Read this while you're on hold.

IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50 may enable GEO functionality | DJI Phantom Forum
Just trying to hover in my backyard, app says no fly zone, cannot take off. I'm like 4 miles from an airport. There's no option in the app to unlock it, despite what DJI's site says. So I go to DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and unlock and it says it works, but I still can't take off. I thought maybe because I'm using an iPad without cellular, so I switch it back to wifi for awhile with the DJI Go app open, and then switch back to connecting to the aircraft, still no fly zone, cannot take off. Writing this post as I'm caller number 18 in DJI support queue. Ugh!

SD

I keep saying it...do not upgrade. You think they're gonna tell us an area is being locked? Nope...you'll find out when it's too late!

They actually slipped NFZ's in the 2.4.3 or even further back. I've got red NFZ's on my droid version of 2.4.3. You remember.....that was the one that the said they were working on fixing battery issues.....uhhh.....sure.

Reactions: BigHorny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31