My Home point changed whilst flying with my Phantom 4 pro plus

Reaction score
Last Friday, I tried flying my New Phantom 4 pro plus I had acquired. I did the calibration and flew it up at an altitude of 30m, a home point was recorded initially at my location. Later i pressed the RTH for it to return but it turned away and started flying towards a different direction, i lost signal of the aircraft and couldn't control it again. I couldn't find it during my search too. Afterwards I viewed the flight record on my controller and i realised the Home point was changed from my location to different location during the flight, which was 1.7km away from the position the aircraft took off.
I traced the new home point and went there, the place was a bush and didn't find the aircraft, tried reconnecting to the aircraft but if failed.

Want to ask what made the home point changed?
Can it land somewhere because of a low battery?
Will it fall from the sky if the battery dies?
Can it land on top of a tree in the bush?

Want to ask what made the home point changed?
Your flight log should explain how this happened. Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Can it land somewhere because of a low battery?
Yes. The Phantom will auto land at its current location if the battery reaches the critically low level.

Will it fall from the sky if the battery dies?
It could, but it usually makes it to the ground in time.

Can it land on top of a tree in the bush?
Yes.

I had exactly the same thing happen with my standard on its second flight. Fortunatly it had landed in a friends garden 1.2KM away, it took me two days to work out the flight logs. The home point had reset while 60ft high. after finding it and drying it out for a week, I updated the firmware. No problem since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen