My GPS is not working. Advice please

Reaction score
I triple checked everything and made sure everything was connected. When I plug it into my PC, the option to choose GPS in my controller is not even available. Not sure what I need to do. anyone have any advice?

When you took the top shell off, to install the gimbal, perhaps the compass wire got pulled loose. It plugs into the gps.
Also you unplugged the gps from the Naza, and plugged it into the PMU V2, and installed the gps from PMU V2 to
the EXP port on the Naza right ?

Or the cable could have gotten pinched when you put the shell together, or the compass is unplugged at the compass, or
the compass is dead, or the gps is dead. Those are all your options.
Stay tuned to this forum for other examples of how you may have voided your warranty. ;)

Don't know if this will be any use to you but your story sounds horribly familiar. I was having some problems with installation of the zenmuse. When I got it all sorted it had been plugged into the pc for a while,and I noticed when I picked it up the compass was very hot. I was told by Audaciter the same thing about pinched wires etc and think he may have something there. When all the additional stuff is installed it does seem like a very tight fit under the hood especially with so much sensitive electronics sitting in the roof. Long story short, compass was dead which gave me all the signals of GPS failure. When plugged into the pc all the gps options had gone and the big giveaway was the 0 values in the compass parameters. Phantom would still fly in att mode , but this isn't what it's designed for.
Audaciter pointed out that a new compass is only about $16 but a whole new naza system is way more expensive, pretty much the price of a new phantom I think.So I hope it is only your compass that got fried. I however live where spare parts aren't easily available so had to install a new GPS which I did have and the only bonus seems it has freed up a little space inside for the gimbal control,wires, pmu,etc and taken the sensitve GPS away from all other electronics.
Good luck
Alex

Probably the easiest way to go about it, is to pick up a new compass, for less than $20, but don't install it before you
remove the top shell. If it comes with a new cable, take the time to install it, no matter how good the old one looks.
Once installed, connect to the Naza Assistant with the top shell off, and verify whether or not things are working.

If the answer is yes, you can obviously put the Phantom back together.
If the answer is no, you can take the gps out, and check it for physical damage, (cracked antenna, damaged wires, etc.)
Also check to make sure you have it plugged into the PMU V2, and not the Naza.
I think a new gps is around $165, so hopefully you won't have to go that route.

On a happier note: Your Phantom didn't fly away :!:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4