My FPV, Fatshark Predator V2 with Goggles and Monitor

Reaction score
See pic..

Bought a Fatshark Predator v2, unfortunately they send me a CE version, with the mushroom antennas, but just a 25mw transmitter. 600mw is in the mail somewhere...

Bought a battery powered DVD player and connected the video out of the goggles, works nicely. (7.8 inch) DVD player was only 50 usd in a local store.

Glued a quick release tripod mount on the bottom of the player. So I will have a tripod next to me while flying. Image quality is so so, but good enough for framing)

Try out tomorrow....

(if I have a fly-away, can still watch DVD's, have television reception, put in memory cards, usb sticks and whatever with the player :) )

Attachments

• fpvmon.jpg
    fpvmon.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 787
Doood! Where did you get that DVD player? So you can actually connect it via the RCA cable that came with the Fatshark? Did you try it yet? When signal gets weak, does the screen go black or blue? Or, does it still show a weak signal?

I'd like to get one for my Fatshark if it does not go black or blue.

Thanks,

Ton4 said:
See pic..

Bought a Fatshark Predator v2, unfortunately they send me a CE version, with the mushroom antennas, but just a 25mw transmitter. 600mw is in the mail somewhere...

Bought a battery powered DVD player and connected the video out of the goggles, works nicely. (7.8 inch) DVD player was only 50 usd in a local store.

Glued a quick release tripod mount on the bottom of the player. So I will have a tripod next to me while flying. Image quality is so so, but good enough for framing)

Try out tomorrow....

(if I have a fly-away, can still watch DVD's, have television reception, put in memory cards, usb sticks and whatever with the player :) )

Just did a test flight, to my surprise the 25mw transmitter did very well, did not go beyond, maybe 60-80 meters, but this will be my operating distance in most cases anyway...... Will try a bit further in suitable terrain....

If signal is off from the transmitter, it goes blue. Haven't had a weak signal yet, guess it goes blue at some point...

Yes, rca from fatshark. Bought it in local store in Indonesia.

Now of to build me some shades, even in moderate light its a bit hard to see easy.

Here with improvised mobius mount, voltage regulator velcro'd to front leg, tx velcro'd to carbon tx mount.

Question, the tx came wrapped in transparent plastic, I left it on, but uhhh, should it stay on?

Attachments

• 20131221_133111.jpg
    20131221_133111.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 647
I left my plastic on. No issues.

Ton4 said:
Here with improvised mobius mount, voltage regulator velcro'd to front leg, tx velcro'd to carbon tx mount.

Question, the tx came wrapped in transparent plastic, I left it on, but uhhh, should it stay on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik