My flight over the Hard Rock Hotel and Universal Studios

Nice one Andrew ;)

When you said Universal,I was hoping you"d got some shots of the Dueling Dragons Coasters that i remember so well last time i was there, due to a Hurricane and no punters in the Park we were riding it about 8 times an hour and ended pissing blood in our urine the next day.....memories :lol:

Hopefully more Videos to follow :?: and no friendly fire :eek:
Ian

Sweet! Where were you piloting from?

Nice, does the UK have any issues when going through the airport with a phantom? Did you carry it as hand luggage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ian, Security is very tight in Universal so I didn't want to take it too far, maybe I'll push it a bit further next time, I did have FPV but it was very flakey due to a lot of interference I suppose. I do have a couple of other videos on my YouTube channel NowSeeItMyWay of the other hotels I was staying at. I plan to get a lot more flying time in and more videos as the weather gets better!!!

I was piloting from the parking lot of the Hard Rock Hotel.

I took the P2 on the plane as hand luggage, I was stopped at security both ways but had no problems when they checked it!!!

Nice video.

I've thought about going over there and doing some flights, but with the construction on the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter they're doing, things are pretty locked down over there these days - more so than usual.

That Wyndham on Lake Buena Vista is my favorite spot, too, by the way. Even though I live here in Orlando, the better half and I stay there for weekend getaways every few months or so. Great place.

Thanks for sharing!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Nice video. Been there a million times but it looks a lot different from above. I would not suggest flying over universal for many reason. The biggest is the danger. Should you have an issue and it crashes, you can be certain it's making the news. Should you hit a foreigner, it might even make international news.

If you're still here you should head east about 90 minutes and see some nature. I'm going to try to get out to this place with my phantom tomorrow. You can drive through most of the preserve and I would imagine there are tons of opportunities for great areal footage. You can drive all the way out on the trails to the St Johns river. Gators, turtles, Airboats etc

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tosoh ... 7c317fb175

Bring a few dollars in cash. There is a box to leave a park fee in (no attendant, honor system). I think its $3 or $5

jondrew said:
If you're still here you should head east about 90 minutes and see some nature. I'm going to try to get out to this place with my phantom tomorrow. You can drive through most of the preserve and I would imagine there are tons of opportunities for great areal footage. You can drive all the way out on the trails to the St Johns river. Gators, turtles, Airboats etc

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tosoh ... 7c317fb175

Bring a few dollars in cash. There is a box to leave a park fee in (no attendant, honor system). I think its $3 or $5

You ever meet up with other Florida Phantom owners? I'd be totally down for a meet somewhere. I live just north of Orlando in the Winter Park/Maitland area, but am happy to meet wherever. PM me if you're interested in getting together at some point.

Sorry for the thread hijack, OP. :D

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
Nice video.

I've thought about going over there and doing some flights, but with the construction on the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter they're doing, things are pretty locked down over there these days - more so than usual.

That Wyndham on Lake Buena Vista is my favorite spot, too, by the way. Even though I live here in Orlando, the better half and I stay there for weekend getaways every few months or so. Great place.

Thanks for sharing!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

It's a great location for Disney!!! We have stayed there a number of times when it was the Regal Sun.

Can you give me a bit more information on how you took the phantom away. You say carry on? Was that in a hard case etc? Were the batteries and controller all with it or separated into your case?

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20