My First video with the Phantom 3 Pro

Thanks for the support guys. I'll keep "plugging away" and hopefully get better. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It was much better then my first video. As long as you like it and are having a good time ,then it is all good. It takes practices.
Most of my videos dont get put up on hear. They rely suck. Try taking pictures at night, those come out great.

@beamerbuilder1 never mind the critics; you enjoy your hobby. It's great when you see the results of your flying for the first time.

However, not everyone thinks the same and that's where the guys are chipping in with the comments. In any video, the action should be short and snappy. You could have improved that clip a million times by using a little editing. Actually the church is a pretty nice subject to film, but in reality nobody wants to see all the movements to get the shot in the first place.

I use a rule of thumb of 15:1. It takes about 15 minutes of flying to get 1 minute of usable material, especially if you are flying into position to get that 'right' shot or a nice close up. Slow pans, both left, right and up and down can add to any clip.I tend to limit my 'views' to 4 seconds in any direction (unless it's a really great shot) and edit a load together.

Sometimes the best clips are the ones that leave most out. I also find that after three years now, I'm getting reasonably good at it. I use a mac so I'm on Final Cut Pro X and it really is a fantastic programme for editing. You can do so much with it! I look back now at my early work and cringe at the mis-timings, the dodgy transitions and the lack of color corrections.

One of my favourite clips was done over a period of a year, filming a tree over the course of a whole year, then stitching it together to fit the four seasons into one minute. I'll post a link below. Lots of work went into that one, however I chose the wrong tree as the colours were not fantastic in the end. I'm working on a similar clip using a horse chestnut tree that should have better colours in the autumn.

Keep practising, and get some editing software! I'll bet if you redo that clip above, you could make it so much more interesting.

Sorry I didn't meet your standards snooze. I guess I won't be posting videos on here anymore. I did say it was my first. I had a hard time finding somewhere on a Saturday where there wasn't a lot of people so the Church was the only open and available area. Thanks for the input.

Don't let some butthead bother you. The Internet is full of them.

I watched it...boy is it flat where you live! Now land dead center in the circular sidewalk lol.

Did you add that music? I haven't edited anything yet and was wondering where that came from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

@beamerbuilder1 never mind the critics; you enjoy your hobby. It's great when you see the results of your flying for the first time.

However, not everyone thinks the same and that's where the guys are chipping in with the comments. In any video, the action should be short and snappy. You could have improved that clip a million times by using a little editing. Actually the church is a pretty nice subject to film, but in reality nobody wants to see all the movements to get the shot in the first place.

I use a rule of thumb of 15:1. It takes about 15 minutes of flying to get 1 minute of usable material, especially if you are flying into position to get that 'right' shot or a nice close up. Slow pans, both left, right and up and down can add to any clip.I tend to limit my 'views' to 4 seconds in any direction (unless it's a really great shot) and edit a load together.

Sometimes the best clips are the ones that leave most out. I also find that after three years now, I'm getting reasonably good at it. I use a mac so I'm on Final Cut Pro X and it really is a fantastic programme for editing. You can do so much with it! I look back now at my early work and cringe at the mis-timings, the dodgy transitions and the lack of color corrections.

One of my favourite clips was done over a period of a year, filming a tree over the course of a whole year, then stitching it together to fit the four seasons into one minute. I'll post a link below. Lots of work went into that one, however I chose the wrong tree as the colours were not fantastic in the end. I'm working on a similar clip using a horse chestnut tree that should have better colours in the autumn.

Keep practising, and get some editing software! I'll bet if you redo that clip above, you could make it so much more interesting.

Nice video but if you were to speed the footage with a more uptempo piece, IMHO the vid would be so much better

Editing the clip is the first and biggest thing you can do. I didn't used to bother (too lazy) but when I started thinking it would be nice if people watched my videos, I quickly realised there was no chance unless I chopped them right down into no more than a minute or 2, with different angles, transitions, reveals, captions. It's not too hard in Movie Maker on the PC once you've done one.

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app

After finally flying for a good 17 minutes while recording (I've had a P3S since Saturday) you are spot on. The whole thing is boring for ME to watch except for a few minutes. Like a full tilt boogie run down a long driveway....with a pull up at the end where I barely clear a wire I didn't notice until it was almost too late LOLOL

Reactions: monkeychops

Hi beamer .. thanks for posting. Next time we meet, the beers are on me. Now ..

Clearly, you have no idea what your are filming or why you are filming it. I suggest you have a sit, close your eyes and plan your next excursion. The Phantom 3 is an entry level flying camera, not a racing or acrobat bird. Fun to fly sure, but show me an RC drone that's not.

We all start somewhere though and I'm glad you made it to the forum and have the bird. Now learn to rock!

Out brother ...

Reactions: monkeychops
Reactions: beamerbuilder1
This is my first video created with the Phantom 3 Pro

Good job.

One recommendation...when yawing (panning)....yaw very slowly...much slower than you think you have to...then...yaw even slower. (Same goes for a hand held camera.)

Sorry I didn't meet your standards snooze. I guess I won't be posting videos on here anymore. I did say it was my first. I had a hard time finding somewhere on a Saturday where there wasn't a lot of people so the Church was the only open and available area. Thanks for the input.

Hey buddy, don't be disheartened. I'm fairly new to my P3p and I take it as a serious hobby (as well as fun) and one of the things I hoped for was a decent only community for sharing and learning. Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of rude people on this one. There are a few that want to break the rules and give quads a bad name, and there are a few that seem to think they are better than anyone else.

This is one of my first posts on here and I'm only doing so because of the unnecessary comments you received. Good on you getting a completed video done. That is the starting point. It has content and you did it. With practise and experience your videos will be as good as everyone elses so dont be put off.

Reactions: colin peachey

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj