My first video upload

Reaction score
So armed with the Samsung tablet complete rubber bands to hold it in place (re earlier post) I headed of this morning for a village up the road called Chappel, which has nice viaduct running across it that I guessed might make a good focal point. Weather was excellent and I had a really good run.
Only about my 15th flight so still getting to grip with the controls regarding keeping the camera centred whilst strafing. I've found the left thumb has to be really gentle to avoid juddery camera turns.
Anyways after an hour in Costa Coffee trying to use the DJI director app to put a video together on the tablet I decided to ditch my attempts once I found the were no 'fade' transition effects between cut scenes. Thus I got home and put it through the Microsoft Movie Maker mangle.
I'm happy for my first attempt.

Thanks for all your help so far.

(Updated to HD although not 1080p - I'm gonna have to find a better editor software)

Last edited:
Nice! It would have been better uploaded in HD! Keep it flying!! Cheers!!

Reactions: Lyman
I'll do that! I wasn't sure how to render the video so chose "for computer" which I can see wasn't the wisest choice.

Looks like a beautiful place :) You would have a great time learning to use a set of Rainbowers filters. That was a smooth ride :)

Agreed! Set camera to 1080p 30fps in auto ISO. You can also bring down ISO with the right wheel during flight to compensate for brightness.

Ahhh so are you saying the P3 doesn't have the quality set to 1080p out of the box? I'll have to check this out. Thanks

As far as filters go I was using an nd16 which is part of the Neewer 4-pack I recently bought, although a rainbow filter is not one of them.

Last edited:
Ahhh so are you saying the P3 doesn't have the quality set to 1080p out of the box? I'll have to check this out. Thanks
No it does not! and part of setting up the P3 is thru the the Go app for perfect cam settings. Learn the go app in detail by you tube tutorials.

Agreed! Set camera to 1080p 30fps in auto ISO. You can also bring down ISO with the right wheel during flight to compensate for brightness.

Ches: Yes the image is a bit on the "hot" side (over exposed) If you are editing then you should calibrate your monitor for true brightness and colour. I use a Spyder2 for calibration. I downloaded your video and played with it a bit in the YouTube on line editor as there is a bit of control there and I gave a bit more blue and bumped the contrast a bit. I will delete it in a few days to give you a chance to see it, but best if you adjust the exposure right on the phantom controller. I am still learning the ropes on my P3A. I am still not happy with the doctored video as its now over saturated. I also note that when you are flying into the sun the effect worsens as the camera tries to compensate for the bright sky. Best then if you must fly towards the sun, to tilt the sky almost away. I also have an Galaxy Pad S and am struggling with the rubber band mounting issue. Any photos of your setup appreciated. Also would be good to keep in touch. Got Skype?

Hi Lyman. Sorry only just checked my forum app!
Yeah the rubber bands work for me in the short term and it didn't wobble lol.
I do have Skype but it's not always running on my phone.
Look for Dean Mackness and I'm the bloke in hat & glasses ☺
Thanks for all the tips

Friended you on skype. Need you to approve. Any video to share there or YouTube? To download my documentaries and books you will need to do on computer.

Lyman I have just checked my Skype but have no requests pending...
You want to give me your account?
Apologies, I don't sign into Skype regularly.

Lyman would like to add you on Skype
Hi Dean Mackness, I'd like to add you as a contact.
Second time tried to add you. Your same photos shows on skype acct.

I think you have more than one account or many Dean Mackness on skype. I see one in Braintree also.

Yes I have multiple accounts but purely because every time I needed to use it I couldn't remember any of my sigh in details so just used to set up another account quickly as my requirement for it was usually temporary lol.
A few months back I went through old emails actively trying to sort out the accounts and retrieved the details to each and found I had FIVE in total lol. I believe only one of those has the profile picture the same as I use on this forum. I will have to delete the other accounts as they are obsolete. I signed into each one in turn last night and there were no contact requests on any.
I will delete the unused accounts as it's very confusing. If you give me your user name I will request your addition from the one good account.

tampasailor

I have had to save all my passwords encrypted in the cloud lol.
Just have to remember how to find them in the cloud.
Need to program my Phantom to go getem lol.

Last edited:
I also use the GoPro editing app (free download) which allows fading between scenes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20