My first video upload please check it out and leave comments.

Nice video. I like the touch of adding some ambient sound. I woyld be curious though why you get that digitized look when you pan. I have had the same issue. Trying to determine if its a frame rate shutter issue or an issue with the upload of the video.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Cabbiesteve
Thank you Ryan, I think the digitised effect was coursed by me turning the drone to quickly in flight then slowing it down in post

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I very much enjoyed your video. Your location lends itself
perfectly to aerial photography.

I think its from panning too quickly. That was going to be my only suggestion, pan a bit slower.

Also, cut out the sections where you change motion. I.E. flying straight ahead then pan one direction. Trim it just before the change in direction.

Video looks really nice though.

There are some videos on the tube which show you how to make your gimbal and yaw speed more linear and smooth. Works a treat for getting smooth shots.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I agree with the comments about panning too quickly, it is a common problem with most videographers, not just shots from UAV's. If you are able to adjust the yaw rate on your gimbal this will help to smooth out the pan.I also agree that Broadstairs lends itself perfectly to your aerial video, I hope to capture something similar here in Liverpool when I can actually get out to fly! Very nice, well done

Actually, the 'stuttering' effect is called 'Rolling Shutter'. I think if you will check your video data you were shooting at a fairly high shutter speed there at the beach.
Your video is nice and it's a very interesting place to photograph. You would do well to get a set of Polar Pro filters and use the ND 8 or invest in an ND 16 for such shots. This in effect will allow you to shoot at lower ISO settings and at much reduced shutter speeds. I suggest shooting at the very lowest ISO speeds and shutter speeds no more than about 1/50- 1/60 second. In video/cinematography you don't need and certainly don't want high shutter speeds that create that jittery effect on the edges of your screen.
If you do think you were panning too quickly, take the time to go to the Advanced Pages where you can reduce the amount of movement the controls transfer to the drone. The manual and also data on this site will give you a good starting point on this for cine work. Remember this drone was never meant to be a 'racer'. It is strictly, in my opinion, a camera platform. Your mileage might vary

Regards, T.Connell, M.Photog.Cr.

Note: I think it helps in post and especially in posting videos, if you will include information as to what drone/camera you were using and also the details at to filters and your camera settings. It helps us to get a handle on what you were doing and how you got your shots. Just a thought.

Thank you for your comments Tom, This was my very first fight filming with the drone (Phantom 3 pro). I have now invested in filters and changed the yaw settings in app. I have now uploaded two new drone videos filmed in November to youtube. I would appreciate your comments.

Regards Stephen

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stephen, no doubt Tom will give you his more experienced comments, but from a personal point of view these latest videos seem a lot smoother and once again congratulations on choosing just a gorgeous location!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan