My first video testing Active Track

Reaction score
Active track seemed to work ok but I found it a bit sluggish. I decided to ride my electric unicycle to see if it would keep up with me. It lost me several times when I was directly below the bird. It seems that the drone will allways "fall in line" behind the target as the target moves. I hope there is a way to film from the sides or front. Also interesting to note that you have limited control of altitude during AC. But when you do go higher the P4 is actually moving up AND backwards and maintaining the exact same angle to the subject.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Numone
Where is that

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Active track seemed to work ok but I found it a bit sluggish. I decided to ride my electric unicycle to see if it would keep up with me. It lost me several times when I was directly below the bird. It seems that the drone will allways "fall in line" behind the target as the target moves. I hope there is a way to film from the sides or front. Also interesting to note that you have limited control of altitude during AC. But when you do go higher the P4 is actually moving up AND backwards and maintaining the exact same angle to the subject.

Nice video. I found the settings for Activetrack. I don't know how I overlooked them. They were practically right in front of me. Anyways, you can change it to move around objects horizontally and you can allow it to fly backwards if the target starts to move towards it. This is a photo of the settings without the aircraft on. When the aircraft is connected there are few more options. This is iOS.
7706d705a8ab5c83129b488558cc0866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pogopilot
Nice video. I found the settings for Activetrack. I don't know how I overlooked them. They were practically right in front of me. Anyways, you can change it to move around objects horizontally and you can allow it to fly backwards if the target starts to move towards it. This is a photo of the settings without the aircraft on. When the aircraft is connected there are few more options. This is iOS.

Excellent! thanks for digging that out. WIll have to give this a try now.....

Looks like the Active Trak works well.
They do not sell the unicycles any more, as the Li ion batteries caught fire quite often, also the battery of the cycle is located just under a very "sensitive" spot.
I thought at one or two times, you might be filming you freshly broken leg !!!!

Just love watching all of us old men enjoying our new toys.

I have a question about ActiveTrack. In the DJI promo video of the lady running she has the P4 relatively close to her as she runs and it appears she goes through multiple elevation changes and the P4 has no trouble. I watched a Youtube video of a guy using ActiveTrack and when he went up hill the P4 got dangerously close to the ground due to the elevation increase and it says in the manual to use ActiveTrack on level surfaces.

I don't have my P4 yet but don't want to run into any issues with the ActiveTrack. I guess it's safest to stay on level ground but want if I want to go up or down a hill, should I be concerned of a crash or will the P4 adjust?

BEWARE of flying backwards. I've heard of two crashes because of the avoidance backwards and they probably experienced that in beta as well because it is off by default. You are allowing it to go backwards on it's own if it sees something in front of it but it has no eyes in the back, only the front. Walking backwards is usually a bad idea, flying backwards, doubly IMO.

Not for nothing, I loved the electric cycle! And I also thought the P4 did a **** fine job following you.

I think that ActiveTrack might be the most underrated function in the forum. The technology to put that in the app is no small potatoes. They have serious coders working for them. These are not hacky engineers working for DJI, I can promise you that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic