My First Video Editing Attempt

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first ever attempt at editing video from multiple flights, and using Windows Movie Maker no less. Might as well start with the simple stuff before I move up to something that costs $$$.

It was a great day to capture some of the "everyday" beauty when everything greens-up here in Colorado along the Front Range of the Rockies. Yeah, it's awesome in the mountains, but it's pretty cool just driving along I-25 between Denver and Colorado Springs.

Comments welcomed. Thanks.

Rocky Mountain Phantom

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: lotusteve
Clips need to be shorter and show different views (first three clips were each long and showed pretty much the same view). Video needs to flow and have a purpose. One clip needs to lead to the next in order to do something... such as focus on something or lead the viewer toward something. Personally I'm not a fan of curving and twisting clips unless it's some type of pan to a focus point. It makes it confusing as what to focus on. Lastly, it needs some kind of sound.

Sorry, this was an accidental repost. I thought I had posted originally in the wrong forum. I haven't figured out yet how to delete it from the app. I'll have to see if that option is available via browser.

Clips need to be shorter and show different views (first three clips were each long and showed pretty much the same view). Video needs to flow and have a purpose. One clip needs to lead to the next in order to do something... such as focus on something or lead the viewer toward something. Personally I'm not a fan of curving and twisting clips unless it's some type of pan to a focus point. It makes it confusing as what to focus on. Lastly, it needs some kind of sound.

Thanks for the tips tcope. It did amount to not much more than editing out the bad parts and making it just a shorter version of the original footage.

I've focused a lot on learning to fly decently. Time to focus on better photography and video techniques, how to better plan my shots before taking off, etc.

Sometimes its "work"... but a good/fun work. I can't count the number of times I've spent a lot of time and effort but the clips were crap. In cases like that you can do something like match the clips to the music. Changing clips to the beat is one example. Speed up or slow down some shots. Certainly it all comes with practice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers