My first time flying I found the creepiest place on earth

Reaction score
Bought a Phantom Vision and after flying around my yard for a minute I went out looking for a cool place to shoot. Found this creepy asylum about a mile from home....had no idea it was there. This IS my first video so I would love some tips.
How do you guys keep Youtube from ruining the video quality? The frame rate and overall quality looks significantly compressed on youtube. I see other videos on youtube that look beautiful..... what type of compression are you guys using?

http://youtu.be/dWO7a7fNizY

Thanks for watching!

Re: My first time flying I found the creepiest place on eart

It's awesome! The security guard was telling me it is contracted to be demolished in the next few months. Glad I got to check it out before it's gone!

Yeah I can't believe I never knew about it! I just moved to Morristown a couple months ago. I'm only a few miles away from Greystone. I've been out there a lot since finding it just walking my dog and exploring. Very cool place!

I would also love some pointers on what the best settings are for the gopro and final gopro studio settings. My quality looks great on PC.. then YouTube kills it. And yes I know gopro studio sucks, but that's all I got right now.

Wow what a cool place to stumble across and very photographic.
That doll in the window was way creepy, as if the place needed to look anymore spooky.

Cool video. You mentioned you're shooting with a gopro, but your tag line at the bottom of your message indicates P2V. Just wondering if you're shooting the video with the stock out of the box P2V, or if you've made mods to it?

Soundguy4987 said:
Yeah I can't believe I never knew about it! I just moved to Morristown a couple months ago. I'm only a few miles away from Greystone. I've been out there a lot since finding it just walking my dog and exploring. Very cool place!

Cool video, whats funny is I'm suppose to go up and shoot it for a friend of mine within the next few weeks. Any tips on getting into the place? You mentioned a guard, is it fenced in?

Thanks

mikey said:
Cool video. You mentioned you're shooting with a gopro, but your tag line at the bottom of your message indicates P2V. Just wondering if you're shooting the video with the stock out of the box P2V, or if you've made mods to it?

No man I never said I have a go pro. This is a stock P2V! Hopefully upgrade to a gopro someday :)

FASTFJR said:
Cool video, whats funny is I'm suppose to go up and shoot it for a friend of mine within the next few weeks. Any tips on getting into the place? You mentioned a guard, is it fenced in?

You can pretty much drive right up to the front of the building and get some cool shots, but there is a fence around the perimeter and it gets patrolled constantly. The second time I went back there were more "no trespassing" signs up since the first time. I think since they're about to knock it down soon a ton of people have been trying to get in.

That's cool, I heard about this place but never been. Also new to the area. Sometimes I fly at the RC field in Marlton.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj