My first "Real" video

Wow great vid. I left a like on your youtube. A couple of suggestions not criticism.

At the start you show a set up series of shots that tell the story of a family preparing for the days fun. Also one leading us onto the water where the action takes place. You could have used your shot of coming back to the jetty in your concluding shots. And then shown some of everyone winding down at the end of the day. However as it stands I do like the concluding shot:)

Check out my review and like and comment on the youtube page Please:)

I think those high speed shots of the watercraft are difficult.....well done. I liked the use of the down shot of the campground....helped tell the story well.

very nice.
i wish i was brave enough to take some of those low shots, over water. i have a 10ft(ish) rule over water. I'm too scared to go any lower.

First, Thank You so much for taking a look and offering your insight/suggestions/criticism.

I'm very new to any type of creative story telling, much less trying to tell one with a 3 minute video. It makes me happy to see that at least a few people saw what I was trying to do. I really do appreciate the suggestions, it's the only way I'm ever going to get better.

Surprisingly the high speed shots weren't as hard as you'd think with that H3-3D gimbal. I'm soooooo happy with that purchase. It really takes the shots to the next level. Another key piece is the FPV setup, you HAVE TO use a directional and an omni antenna. I wish I could sort out the signal when the clover leaf antenna on the craft is turned away from me. I'm giving serious consideration to the Lightbridge if i can see one in action.

As far as being brave enough to attempt those shots, I've honestly come to the conclusion that some day I will lose this Phantom. It might be tomorrow or it might be a year from now. It could be hovering in my front driveway or it might be over a lake. I've just decided that I'm going to play with it as hard as I can until it's gone, then I'll figure out getting another one :) . Honestly though, I am glad I didn't lose it as the whole reason I got it was for a vacation to Madrid/Casablance/Marrakesh next month.

Keep the comments coming!

-Landon

Xanadu said:
Honestly though, I am glad I didn't lose it as the whole reason I got it was for a vacation to Madrid/Casablance/Marrakesh next month.

Keep the comments coming!

-Landon
I'm glad to hear you're planning to travel with yours. I'm planning to take mine to Europe for three weeks in Italy, France, and Germany. Sometimes I think I'm crazy!....then other times I get excited about it. At least I won't be the only crazy fool with a quad strapped to his back and a bunch of camera gear in a backpack in a foreign country this summer!

Great video.

Inspiring for me. I just got my vision + with the hopes of videoing my family's waterski vacation in a few weeks.

Hi @RedRyderMedia,

I'm heading on holiday in a few weeks to Italy & am worried about taking my Phantom through airport security. Did you have any problems or any tips/learnings/info websites you can share with me before I travel?

Cheers, Jas

great video! I also enjoyed the "story" aspect of it showing how the day progressed. You get a feel that you guys were out there for the day with a nice opening, then mid day action, and a conclusion at the end. I also agree a little more of a conclusion shot (people in lawn chairs around a fire or eating dinner or packing up???) would have showed the end of the day a bit better. But dont let that comment make you think it wasnt a GREAT video. It was and those are all just after the fact observations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic