My first photo post

Reaction score
Hello all. I got my first Phantom 2 with Zenmuse 3 axis gimbal last week. I was loving every second of it up until yesterday. I took it out to do some aerial videos and photography for my in laws, while they were doing some soybean harvesting. I had some successful flights for the first four days and was going great until I ignored the low battery warning on the back of the Phantom and decided to fly it back to base instead of going for the first safe landing spot. The Phantom lost power on one side and went upside down and landed that way. The gimbal twisted like a pretzel and snapped some wiring that goes along the main arm of the gimbal. I was able to bend it back as straight as possible, but the ribbon wiring thing is broken. I'm hoping I can find just that wiring part. I don't even know what you call those wires that looks like circuit boards/ribbon. :/ The Phantom flies again, although it's erratic now. I'm going to reset the GPS, compass calibration and hopefully that will work. If it does, then at some point I'll buy a new body replacement. :) I hope to learn as much as I can from other pilots and I'm looking forward to contributing as well. :) Enjoy the first still photo from my GoPro Hero 3. I'll try to post more later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj