My first phantom

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm about to buy a dji phantom 3, I'm not sure witch model the advanced or the standard, I learn how to fly in a cheap syma x5c and later in a syma x8c, so I'm ready to go with a phamtom though.

Yea, I'm. Become really good at flying the syma x8c indors, is a big drone like the phamtom 3, and is more hard to fly though, I was learning for a few months now, I'm. Going to use it in my home country, Ecuador in south America, big mountains volcanos,

Phantoms are far easier to fly since they hold their position via GPS. They are much more fragile and more expensive to fix when you crash though :)

Really depends on your budget. For $300 more dollars, the Advanced gets you twice the range ( at least), uses LightBridge technology rather than wifi, more functions on the remote (like shutter buttons), better GPS (adds GLONASS satellites), and some other more minor stuff. The camera appears to be basically the same, 12MP stills and 2.7K video.

Crashes will certainly be rare if you take the time to learn how the Phantom works and practice flying it.

Yea in my first fly with the big syma, lost orientation and crash really hard, now I can fly that drone really good, I practice most of all indore and landings, high altitude 100m with the syma x8c, also some obstacles like trees and such, how to fly in small spaces, I'm pretty confident now, I will upload a video in the next few days

Yea in my first fly with the big syma, lost orientation and crash really hard, now I can fly that drone really good, I practice most of all indore and landings, high altitude 100m with the syma x8c, also some obstacles like trees and such, how to fly in small spaces, I'm pretty confident now, I will upload a video in the next few days

if you're that good with the x8c, you'll be ok with the phantom.

just don't get too cocky at first.

fly your phantom away from any obstacles the first few days until you get familiar with it's movements and capabilities. it's going to be a night and day difference, trust me!

you're going to really like the phantom a lot more!

welcome and fly safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20