My first Phantom 4 video feedback requested

Reaction score
Phantom 4 team,

I just shot my first video and I am looking for any feedback. It seems to be a little blah. I'd would like the video to "pop" more. The colors seem dull. Any feedback would be appreciated. My main use of my Phantom will be for real-estate videos for my clients.

Thanks,

Jim

Reactions: cfd701
Ok. My opinion. First question. Is this a record type video or was it meant to be artistic? If artistic, we do not need to see the pilot. Think about the subject. People seem to overdo the camera pitch control and to me it is annoying at times. Your video started ok and the music was pleasant but the camera pitching took away from that. Keep sky to a minimum. You want to show the property in its best view . Colors were ok to me. Better angles beats changing camera angle. You have to think how people will view the property. A few shots from above is ok to show the whole picture but that's not how people see it as they drive up. Closeups are good. Let the drone be your eyes as you approach the property Just my opinion. .

Reactions: REALTOR JIM
A ND-8 or 16 will improve the color saturation. You should try to record a property when the sun is in front rather than behind for better lighting & exposure. Unless you are deliberately trying to capture the clouds or skyline keep the sky <33% of the frame. I like around 25%. This will increase the auto-exposure making the metering system adjust for the ground rather than the sky.

Reactions: REALTOR JIM
Ok. My opinion. First question. Is this a record type video or was it meant to be artistic? If artistic, we do not need to see the pilot. Think about the subject. People seem to overdo the camera pitch control and to me it is annoying at times. Your video started ok and the music was pleasant but the camera pitching took away from that. Keep sky to a minimum. You want to show the property in its best view . Colors were ok to me. Better angles beats changing camera angle. You have to think how people will view the property. A few shots from above is ok to show the whole picture but that's not how people see it as they drive up. Closeups are good. Let the drone be your eyes as you approach the property Just my opinion. .
No, the video was not meant to be artistic. I just wanted to see how the first video would look. Thanks for the feedback!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20