My first longer video with my Vision+

Reaction score
The video was shot during a 4 day hiking holiday here in Austria - we have made different tours and the copter has been always in its hard-case with me (and yes - i wouldn´t advice you to do the same - 8 kg additional weight to the normal backbag makes the hike double long in mind :) )

Because i got the vision only 3 days before we go to holiday there was not really time to improve the skills and finding workarounds for some troubles (for example the noise in the video when you fly in some directions to the sun) - had some Problems with the app too and so some videos that should have been recorded have not been on the memory card - but what ever - it was fun for me to hike and always search for a good place to make a flight :) - if you like it - please let me know and like/follow on Vimeo - i am happy for each follower :) :D

Music in the Film is from Club 8 / i am really sorry that the band didn´t exist anymore.

https://vimeo.com/94529438

That´s the way i walked with the copter :)

Attachments

• P1040118.JPG
    P1040118.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 636
Beautiful scenery.

How many batteries did you take or were there places for you to charge at night?

What post processing did you do?

Any lessons learned traveling with a P2V+ you could share?

RedRyderMedia said:
Beautiful scenery.

How many batteries did you take or were there places for you to charge at night?

What post processing did you do?

Any lessons learned traveling with a P2V+ you could share?

We had a hotel and made daily a new hike in another direction - so it was no problem to recharge the batteries.

Post Prozessing was with Magix Video Pro X5 - but i didn´t use any "anti-jellow-Filters" in the post prozessing.

Lessons learned - yeah - much

1) take sun-Classes with you - if the copter ist high in the sky its getting dangerous for your eyes and the copter too
2) 2 Batteries are good - 3 would be better
3) take a backbag instead of the hard case for hiking :)
4) take an umbrella or an effektiv sun-shield for the tab etc with you
5) if you don´t have enough GPS status on the start Point first go up and stay there as long till you have gps status green

^ Thanks.....great suggestions, particularly the idea of launching with fewer satellites, but then hover to wait for more. Great suggestion!

That was just very good to say the least, personally I see only two things stopping the PV2+

The look up/down, if only it could start out smoother, like a non linier progression and same for the look left/right

When you got this so right it shows up the finest details.

My non-plus PV2 is just a toy cam compared to that video.

filmed in full hd 30p because i Forgot to Change it to 25p - but with a Little trick in my Magix X5 i could render it correctly.

4wd said:
Nepalfan said:
filmed in full hd 30p because i Forgot to Change it to 25p - but with a Little trick in my Magix X5 i could render it correctly.
That's interesting, do you think 25fps is better for online video?

I assume he was looking to use 25fps since PAL is based on the European electrical system of 50 cycles per second vs the US standard NTSC and an electrical system of 60 cycles per second. How much does it matters unless you're trying to show the video on a PAL interlaced TV? I assume the number of scan lines is now the same for both systems, so the refresh rate is the only difference.

no i don t think that it´s better to record in 25 oder 30 fps - only my programm with that i cut normal my videos offers no standard profiles for 30 fps and would normal export the video as an AVCHD Transporttream which can´t be uploaded to vimeo.

the next problem is that i normal use 3-4 cams on a holiday - so its very important that all record at the same video settings to put a video together..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic