My first long exposure.

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning at 4:35am the full moon will occur. However this morning at 5:45am the almost full moon was perfectly aligned with the Boulevard. This alignment with a full moon won't occur again until the 20th of Aug 2016.

"Moon over the Boulevard"

If you zoom in you can see the moon beam reflecting on the lake at the end of the road before it sweeps to the right. To the left of the moon at the horizon you can make out the silhouette of the You Yangs mountain range. This shot was a 2.5 sec shot in a light wind which shows how stable the UAV is.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440845451.641402.jpg

Tomorrow morning at 4:35am the full moon will occur. However this morning at 5:45am the almost full moon was perfectly aligned with the Boulevard. This alignment with a full moon won't occur again until the 20th of Aug 2016.

"Moon over the Boulevard"

If you zoom in you can see the moon beam reflecting on the lake at the end of the road before it sweeps to the right. To the left of the moon at the horizon you can make out the silhouette of the You Yangs mountain range. This shot was a 2.5 sec shot in a light wind which shows how stable the UAV is.

View attachment 28948
Awesome photo Mark.

Cool picture.
But what I like most is that there's brain and planning behind that: it's not just a cool shot taken on the way.
Well done.

Being winter down here when I drove out of my driveway the moon was completely covered by dark black clouds. Luckily they were moving fast and within half an hour the sky was clear. I didn't want to wait another twelve months for the alignment to happen. [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik