My first litchi mission

Reaction score
This is my first litchi mission its only short but I wanted it keep it simple at first so I can get use to litchi

as you can see its a fairly open area and not to many trees
Just a question would an altitude from 40 metres to 50 metres which is want I've set on the waypoints be a safe height for this mission?

See mission link below

Mission Hub - Litchi

As long as the trees are lower than 40mtrs it should be fine, with banked turns i think it will drift further than expected though? ... If so - be aware of that

I see you are close to the trees, fly at 200' to get first experience.

The first thing to keep in mind is that do we have enough clearances from the objects? Assume poison accuracy of say 15' and then check for the worst scenario. You have to take care of vertical as well horizontal clearances.

Next, will you be able to complete mission in say 12-15 minutes?

Are there chances of losing line of sight?

Lear to adjust camera angles.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

One of the best features of mission hub to plan the flight is the elevation information it provides for terrain anywhere in the country. This helps you understand what elevations you need to adapt to. Priceless when planning for the outback.

upload_2016-9-23_16-28-40.png

Last edited:
As long as the trees are lower than 40mtrs it should be fine, with banked turns i think it will drift further than expected though? ... If so - be aware of that

the tree at waypoint 9 isn't that tall its the tree at poi 4 that's a fairly tall old tree

I see you are close to the trees, fly at 200' to get first experience.

The first thing to keep in mind is that do we have enough clearances from the objects? Assume poison accuracy of say 15' and then check for the worst scenario. You have to take care of vertical as well horizontal clearances.

Next, will you be able to complete mission in say 12-15 minutes?

Are there chances of losing line of sight?

Lear to adjust camera angles.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

yes I would love to do a longer mission next time as there is a lot of open areas there

well I could go a distance of 1km away but I'm only doing a line of sight mission at this stage baby steps

one more thing the location doesn't have Internet connection any very weak to no cell tower signal but to overcome this

accounting to the litchi documentation I should move the map to the area bring the map up close then bring it right back I will do this at home where I have internet access therefore the that location will be cached as long as i leave the device on and the litchi app running before heading out correct?

One of the best features of mission hub to plan the flight is the elevation information it provides for terrain anywhere in the country. This helps you understand what elevations you need to adapt to. Priceless when planning for the outback.

View attachment 65509
This is ground elevation from sea level right? Sorry, this is a dumb question, but How do you make the most of this information while planning missions?

View attachment 65509

Buddy is 100% right on this one! Review and re-review these elevations and you will be fine. Ignore them and plan on getting to know the UPS guy real good for all the parts you will ordering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic