My first litchi mission and video edit - Foxen Winery Santa Maria

Reaction score
Hello. This was my first attempt at using a Litchi waypoint mission and the video from it. I forgot to put my ND8 filter on so this is all stock, the video and my P3S.

This is the Foxen Winery and tasting room in the Santa Maria Valley. The owners (or at least some family) were really nice about me filming their facility. I did not ask for permission but they drove over to where I was to ask what I was filming, asked if I was the government and could they see the video. I showed it and all was good. Hopefully I helped convert a skeptic. I'm going to send them a memory stick with all the raw footage I took just to be friendly.

Still learning, feedback is welcome. Go easy on me:)

Pretty sweet video! Pretty good for being new to it. I will critique something else a little more though. Many people handle things different ways, so this is just the way for me. Its pretty much a guarantee that you'll get footage of someone else's property while flying drones. Unavoidable. But if someone's property is the SUBJECT of my flight/video, I generally ask first. I just had a guy tell me today "I don't want you flying over my property and putting videos of it online." I was launching from a public spot, and his "property" was just a cornfield, nothing else. Go figure. BUT, I was polite about it, said I was sorry and we ended up talking for an hour. At the end of our conversation he told me "Whenever the FAA makes the new rules and you can go pro, give me a call. I might get you to fly my crops so I can inspect them." BONUS!!

Hola... you need to 'enable embedding' on your youtube channel (in the video edit section of each video) so we can watch your video here without having to go to youtube... though I'll click to go check it out... :)

Hola... you need to 'enable embedding' on your youtube channel (in the video edit section of each video) so we can watch your video here without having to go to youtube... though I'll click to go check it out... :)

Done, thanks for that tip.

What program did you use to edit the video ? I want to start editing my Litchi videos and uploading them to YouTube. It's no fun if you can't share your videos with friends and family. Thanks in advance. John

What program did you use to edit the video ? I want to start editing my Litchi videos and uploading them to YouTube. It's no fun if you can't share your videos with friends and family. Thanks in advance. John
iMovie on my Mac and Movie Maker on PC. This one was iMovie. Pretty low learning curve on both which works for me.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm in over my head with Power Director 14 Deluxe. I'm not that swift when it comes to learning software.

I really like Power Director 12 so far. A bit of a learning curve, but once you start picking things up it's very easy.

Hello. This was my first attempt at using a Litchi waypoint mission and the video from it. I forgot to put my ND8 filter on so this is all stock, the video and my P3S.

This is the Foxen Winery and tasting room in the Santa Maria Valley. The owners (or at least some family) were really nice about me filming their facility. I did not ask for permission but they drove over to where I was to ask what I was filming, asked if I was the government and could they see the video. I showed it and all was good. Hopefully I helped convert a skeptic. I'm going to send them a memory stick with all the raw footage I took just to be friendly.

Still learning, feedback is welcome. Go easy on me:)
Did you do this in Litchi Waypoint mode? I am just starting to use Litchi and learning more about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj