My first Litchi Mission and Editing Experience

Reaction score
This is my first posted video. I used Litchi to plan and execute the mission and used iMovie for editing. Go easy on me this is my first attempt at putting a movie together

This was just under 3 miles round trip. I was nervous but I checked my mission plan many times before flying and did a complete preflight check prior to flying. It's still a little unnerving when your controller disconnects and you have no idea what's going on until it get's back in range though.

Good work. I'm far from a pro but I'll give you my 2 cents (don't take any of this to heart)

A) Video was kind of long overall. Some pointers below will help that.
B) Be more selective about the clips you use or how you edit them. Like no need to have the grass come into play at the end. Cut that clip sooner to leave the viewer floating. Several of your segments were just a tad too long and left me wanting to fast forward.
C) Less is MORE! You want to pique the viewers interest but NEVER let them be satisfied and REALLY never let them get bored. That one seen flying along the beach was way to long. If you want to cover that much area break it up with transitions or something in between a few times. Keep the viewer guessing and wanting more.
D) I personally enjoyed the music selection (some may not but I really did) but the music should be a soft undertone and not take anything away from the video. Next time you process it take it down maybe 25% and see how it sounds. The visual ques are what you want the viewer to remember more than the sound track.

These are just my own observations and these types of things are very subjective so take them all with a grain of salt for good measure.

It's really a good video and beautiful area to exploit with your talents.

Reactions: RJ_Make
Good work. I'm far from a pro but I'll give you my 2 cents (don't take any of this to heart)

A) Video was kind of long overall. Some pointers below will help that.
B) Be more selective about the clips you use or how you edit them. Like no need to have the grass come into play at the end. Cut that clip sooner to leave the viewer floating. Several of your segments were just a tad too long and left me wanting to fast forward.
C) Less is MORE! You want to pique the viewers interest but NEVER let them be satisfied and REALLY never let them get bored. That one seen flying along the beach was way to long. If you want to cover that much area break it up with transitions or something in between a few times. Keep the viewer guessing and wanting more.
D) I personally enjoyed the music selection (some may not but I really did) but the music should be a soft undertone and not take anything away from the video. Next time you process it take it down maybe 25% and see how it sounds. The visual ques are what you want the viewer to remember more than the sound track.

These are just my own observations and these types of things are very subjective so take them all with a grain of salt for good measure.

It's really a good video and beautiful area to exploit with your talents.

Thank you for the great advice! I will definitely use these tips in my next video. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ain't Litchi " wunnerful"? The only part of your flight that made me nervous was over the water. Looked like 10 ft over in spots. Phew! Good job!

Reactions: BA577
Thank you for the great advice! I will definitely use these tips in my next video. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for.

To add to what Bigal07 said,,,,when I look at the statistics/analytics on my videos on youtube, it says that the average watch time of my videos is around 1:40 or so. That is how long, on average, people sit and watch my THREE OR FOUR MINUTE videos. In other words, people click on them, watch for a couple minutes then get bored and move on. That REALLY sucks when you factor in that some of the best shots in my videos are towards the end of the videos. So most people aren't even seeing my best work. My wife keeps telling me that it needs to stay short and keep moving. It's video, sitting looking at things while not moving is boring. I have heard several "Experts" say that your videos should contain a bunch of clips 10-15 seconds long,,,"Check this out, move on. Check this out, move on." Bam bam bam, keep it moving. Now by all means, I'm not one of those experts yet, but I can tell you that it's a TON of work, taking all of your video from a shoot and working it down to just 1:30-3:00 minutes, figuring out what shots are most important and leave the rest forgotten.

To add to what Bigal07 said,,,,when I look at the statistics/analytics on my videos on youtube, it says that the average watch time of my videos is around 1:40 or so. That is how long, on average, people sit and watch my THREE OR FOUR MINUTE videos. In other words, people click on them, watch for a couple minutes then get bored and move on. That REALLY sucks when you factor in that some of the best shots in my videos are towards the end of the videos. So most people aren't even seeing my best work. My wife keeps telling me that it needs to stay short and keep moving. It's video, sitting looking at things while not moving is boring. I have heard several "Experts" say that your videos should contain a bunch of clips 10-15 seconds long,,,"Check this out, move on. Check this out, move on." Bam bam bam, keep it moving. Now by all means, I'm not one of those experts yet, but I can tell you that it's a TON of work, taking all of your video from a shoot and working it down to just 1:30-3:00 minutes, figuring out what shots are most important and leave the rest forgotten.
Excellent! Really appreciate the advice.

My wife tells me the same thing.
I think women naturally have a better feel for some stuff anyway. I'm constantly picking her brain. Well, that and she's a social media manager, so she's kinda got an eye for stuff anyway.

I think women naturally have a better feel for some stuff anyway. I'm constantly picking her brain. Well, that and she's a social media manager, so she's kinda got an eye for stuff anyway.
My wife has not seen this yet, she has been out of the country, but i'm sure she will feel the same way. I really appreciate all of the input you all have been providing. It's nice to have the ability to learn from other's experiences.

Reactions: Gary M
Nice video BA577, can you tell me what resources you used to learn the Litchi software as I am considering learning it also.

Nice video BA577, can you tell me what resources you used to learn the Litchi software as I am considering learning it also.
I did the Phantom Filmschool Litchi Training available for free at udemy. The link is on the Litchi site in the help area. It will give you all of the basics you need to know to generate a mission plan and fly it safely.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik